chapter 9 tournament end

The tournament is at it's end. With Y/n having to fight the champion of Khacia realm. 

Xerox in head: This is the perfect opportunity to test Howitz. See if he can beat a demon.

Howitz and Y/n stepped forward. If Y/n can't beat him, no one can. 

Howitz: Use every trick you can on me demon. I want to counter every one of them. 

Y/n readied himself. Howitz stood there doing the same.

Both warriors didn't budge for a minute. Y/n teleported away. Howitz reacted quickly punching right where Y/n appeared.

Y/n had a look of shock as he back up holding his gut.  Howitz went for a kick. Y/n dodged and returned the kick with his own. However Howitz blocked and punched him away.

Howitz: I was trained to beat the likes of you, demon.

Y/n: Good. 

Y/n readied himself, he had to think of a strategy if he was going to win.  

Y/n used Howitz's own shadow to trip him. As Howitz fell down to the ground. Y/n slid underneath him and put him in a leg lock.  Howitz rolled and kicked Y/n in the face making him let go. 

Xerox looked on at the fight with curiosity. He started predicting Y/n's movements out loud. Sylver noticed this.

Sylver: What are you doing lord Xerox?

Xerox: Forgive me. Y/n is being predictable. He's a novice to his abilities.  I have battled dozens of his kind. I am used to more tricky techniques. He handicaps himself. I was hoping to see what he would do with his abilities. But yet he refuses to use them. 

Sylver: But he is already so strong.

Xerox: That is just natural for a demon like him. Besides, we don't know where the demon that possessed him came from, or how many souls it absorbed.   

Howitz and Y/n kept fighting on. 

Xerox: This battle has become pointless. Even if Howitz wins, he stands no chance against more experienced demons.  *sigh* I guess I need to amp up the training ten times more.  

Y/n and Howitz lock in a test of strength. Y/n overpowered Howitz and slammed him to the ground  then kicking him in the gut sending him into a wall.

Howitz got up and charged Y/n who attempted to jump over him only for Howiz to grab his leg and slam him on the ground.

Mileena grew nervous.  This battle was very close and with this match being the one to decide it all, there was no way to tell who would win.  

Y/n was on the losing side at the moment. Howitz looked like he was going to choke Y/n out.  

Then suddenly Howitz froze and let go of Y/n. He began to shake from fear.  He began screaming and got off of Y/n. Howitz ran up to a nearby pillar and began slamming his own head on it.   

Sylver: What's happening?!

Xerox: Mental torture. I believe Howitz is experiencing one of his fears.  Seems I need to amp up our mental training as well.

Eventually Howitz knocked himself out.  Y/n looked at what he did in shock.  He was now the champion of outworld against Khacia.

Xerox watched Y/n who was on his hands and knees, trying to make sense about what he just did.

Y/n: I...I...I didn't. 

Xerox walked up to Y/n and offered his hand.

Xerox: Come Y/n. A champion must stand in his victory.

Y/n grabbed Xerox's hand and got up. Xerox walked back to his warriors. A portal opened up and they went through it, back to their home. 

It was time for Y/n to do the same.  But before that. He had to say goodbye. 

Mileena and Y/n went to their usual spot.

Mileena: Well. That was fun while it lasted.

Y/n: Yeah. Back to the old routine. Secrecy.

Mileena: You don't have to keep doing this you know? If you wanted to...you could try to find some...earthrealm girl.

Y/n looked at Mileena who had a saddened look on her face. Y/n pulled her in and kissed her forehead.  

Y/n: Never. 

Mileena smiled and hugged back. 

After they parted Y/n got up and opened a portal home. He went through it.  He was immediately greeted by Kung Lao and Liu Kang.

Kung: Nice to see you're still alive.

Liu: Did it go well?

Y/n: Outworld is safe from invasion, for now.

Kung: You won't help them against us, right?

Y/n shook his head.

Liu: Good.  How about a spar then?

Y/n: *nervous* Well.

Kung: Come on Y/n. Show us how you improved.

Y/n: Well okay. But only one spar! 

Liu: That is fine by me. 

Y/n and Liu Kang squared off. 

The story isn't over yet for Y/n. For this was just a stepping stone in his life.