Chapter 8 Tournament rages on.

The mortal kombat tournament continues as Y/n continues his fight to defend outworld. In the second day of the tournament fighters on both sides were eliminated.

After the matches the fighters reconvened in the throne room. Except for Y/n who went out to the garden to meditate. 

But little did he know. Raiden would have  a small force ready to "rescue" him.  Raiden was not sure about if Shao Khan could find a way to siphon Y/n's power to suit his needs.

The squad consisting of Raiden, Fujin, Liu kang, and Kung Lao snuck into the palace. 

They went to the prison first trying to find Y/n.  With no luck they tried heading to the soul chamber. Once they got there they saw Shang Tsung and Quan chi.

Shang: You assume She is working with him?

Quan: Yes. It only makes sense. She has disappeared more than usual since this tournament started.

Shang: Intresting indeed.

Liu Kang: Who are they talking about?

Raiden: Our concern is Y/n. We should question them. They will know where he is. 

The group revealed themselves.

Shang: Raiden?! 

Raiden: Do not waste my time! Where is Y/n L/n?!

Quan: My-my Raiden. Lost you're pet have you?  He'll die soon. 

Raiden: Not while my thunder still strikes! 

Raiden went to shock Quan who dodged. Shang charged and punched Raiden. Fujin retaliated by kicking Shang away.    Liu Kang lunged with a kick knocking Quan backwards.  Kung Lao tossed his hat at Quan who dodged only for it to come back cutting his back. 

Fujin slamed Shang Tsung on the ground knocking him out. Raiden grabbed Quan Chi ready to shock him.

Raiden: Talk sorcerer! Before you feel my thunder up close.

Quan chi: I don't know where he is. The only that may know would be Shao Khan himself.

Raiden: Curses.

Raiden knocked Quan Chi out.

Raiden: It seems we must confront Shao Khan. Fujin and I will confront him alone. You two will hide and only appear if we are attacked.

Liu and Kung: Yes lord Raiden.

Fujin: This is risky Raiden.

Raiden: If Shao Khan gets his power, we will all be doomed.

Fujin: Then we must get him back at all costs. 

Raiden and Fujin went to the throne room where the fighters in the tournament were congregated.   Liu and Kung hid out of sight.  

Shao Khan: When did you get here Raiden?

Raiden: No games Shao Khan. Where is Y/n?!

Shao: Perhaps he left you because you held him back?

Raiden: Do not toy with me!

Shao: You are in no place to make demands Raiden. You forget where you are.  

Raiden: I will defeat all necessary to bring Y/n home. He has gone through enough, he does not need you're constant pestering too.

Shao: Kill them.

The outworld warriors began to walk towards Raiden and Fujin. Liu and Kung sprung from their hiding places.

Xerox: Intresting. But this could be bad. Sylver, go find Y/n.  Tell him his friends are trying to rescue him.

Sylver nodded and sped off.

Slither: What do we do?

Xerox: Hang back and watch the show. 

The battle began. Mileena locked into combat with Liu Kang. She was outmatched and overpowered. Liu went for a flying kick that would have surely killed her.

Xerox in head: If she dies. This will end badly.

Xerox intercepted the kick blocking it and grabbing Liu Kang's leg and throwing him into  a wall. 

Mileena: Why?

Xerox: You don't have a clue how important you're life is now do you?  

Mileena looked at Xerox confused for a second before understanding.

Mileena: Y/n. 

Xerox nodded. 

Shao: I have had enough of this.

Shao got off his throne hammer in hand and walked towards Raiden who stood ready for his attack. But a shadow stood in between them. The shadow revealed himself to be Y/n.

Y/n: No more fighting!

Raiden: Y/n. 

Y/n: Forgive me Raiden. This is all my fault.  I did not tell you what I was doing. .

Raiden: Explain.

Y/n: I am fighting in defense of outworld in this tournament.

Raiden: Why?!

Y/n: To stop a war. I can not allow more innocents to be hurt. I've watched too many die.  I will not watch any more die.

Raiden understood his reasoning.    Fujin went to whisper into Raiden's ear.

Fujin: *whisper* Perhaps she is here in outworld.  

Raiden: *sigh* I understand. But do not forget to come home.

Y/n: Earthrealm is forever my home.

Shao Khan saw the downed Mileena and walked up to her.

Shao: Are you okay Mileena?

Mileena: Yes father.

Raiden heard the exchange and so did Fujin.

The four left going back to earthrealm. Raiden and Fujin talked for a bit

Raiden: So we did find her after all.

Fujin: Shao Khan's daughter of all people. 

Raiden: But what could have caused Shao Khan to kill her?

Fujin: Perhaps, Y/n?

Raiden: That does seem logical.  This is worse than I thought. There is nothing we can do about her because she is in outworld.

Fujin: We just have to trust Y/n when the time comes. We must be ready to stop Shao Khan.