chapter 18 Future?

Without the warning of the dream shared by Raiden and Shao Khan, Shao Khan doesn't regard Y/n the same way as he does now.

Shao Khan deems Y/n an annoyance.  He has no idea, of just how powerful Y/n can be.  

After the events of the Mortal Kombat tournament. Shao Khan attempts to invade Earthrealm, to retrieve a resurrected Sindel.

However he is defeated by Liu Kang.

Shinnok returns and is defeated by Y/n and Liu Kang. 

Quan Chi and Shang Tsung form an alliance. But in their attempt to kill Liu Kang, Y/n interferes. 

Onaga returned, but his attack was repelled by Y/n.

Y/n and Mileena still hide their relationship from the eyes of both realms. But nothing lasts forever. 

Edenia has started a  rebellion against outworld.  Sindel and Kitana lead this rebellion for a free Edenia.   

However the rebellion itself is not the cause of Y/n's genocide.  In fact, armageddon is the biggest factor. 

Shao Khan plots with his forces to quell the rebellion.  It will help him secure his victory in armageddon.  

Shao: We will strike at the heart of the rebellion! We will kill my traitorous wife and "daughter". 

Mileena is given pause. She still considers Kitana, family.  However, she does not voice her opinion.

Shang Tsung: We will need to deal with Y/n as well.  He has beaten Onaga.

Shao: That does concern me. But we don't know what trickery he used, or if it was luck. 

Mileena starts to feel ill. 

Mileena: Father. I...don't feel so well.

Shao Khan, looks at Mileena. 

Shao Khan looks up and down, examining Mileena.

Shao: Have you, gained weight?

Mileena: Um! *starts to panic* Yeah. I've been really hungry lately.

Goro: I have noticed you going for more food.

Baraka: As have I.

It didn't take Shao Khan long, to place two and two together. 

Shao: Who?! Who sired that child?!

Mileena was caught. There was no way our of this, and she knew it. 

Shao: No. I know who it is. You betrayed me! You sleep with my enemy, my own daughter!

Mileena didn't have any words. Nothing she could say, would help her. 

Shao Khan gripped his hammer tightly.    He began to approach Mileena. Only for Goro to stand in his way.

Goro: I can not let you do this.

Shao Khan: Out of my way!

Goro: No. A unborn child, does not deserve death.  

Shao Khan lifted his hammer and swung at Goro. Goro grabbed the hammer with two arms and began to punch Shao Khan in the gut with the other two. 

The punches only angered him further. Shao Khan delivered a headbutt  to Goro. It knocked him back.   Shao Khan then brought his hammer down onto Goro's head, killing him.

Mileena took off.   Guards began to give chase.

Through this. Another civil war began. The Shokan were fighting with Shao Khan and his forces, enraged over the death of Goro. 

Mileena ran through the chaos.  But unfortunately for her. That would lead her to a unfortunate place. The acid pits.

Mileena tried to get past the pits and into the soul chamber. But Tarkatans blocked her way. 

She turned to see more of them.  Shao Khan walked through the crowd.

Mileena: Father! Please, don't do this!

Shao: Have I been so bad of a father, that you would share a bed with my enemy?  

Mileena: He's not your enemy father! He's nobody's enemy!

Shao: He has chosen his side.  And you have chosen yours.  I can not allow, ANY MORE TRAITORS! 

With one swing of his hammer, Mileena was knocked into the acid pits.  Her screams filled the room. Shao Khan, for the first time in his life, felt remorse.   But that didn't make him regret his actions, somebody else would.

The crowd left the room. 

At that moment, Y/n appears from a portal. He rushes into the room. But finds nothing.

Suddenly, two souls float out of the acid pits. They float in front of Y/n.

Y/n falls to his knees.  Y/n gently grabs the two souls. He holds them close to his chest and begins to sob, before letting out a wail of sadness. 

He sat like that for minutes. Then the souls went into Y/n's hands. He has absorbed them both.

Y/n gets up. Tears of blood run down his cheeks.  His eyes will no longer go back to normal.  Y/n has fallen, he has given in.

His eyes will forever be black and red, and the realms are no longer safe. 

The first of his victims is Xerox.

Xerox walks into his throne room. Suddenly he feels a stabbing pain in his back.

He turns to see Y/n staring at him. 

Xerox: * weakly* She's dead, isn't she? 

Y/n nods.

Xerox can feel Y/n slowly absorbing his soul.

Xerox: *weakly* I can't blame you. I'd do the same. But stay in this timeline. Please! Nobody...has...to suffer.

Xerox feels his soul leave him as he falls down and dies.

Now Y/n is unstoppable, and armageddon is assured.

(Back in the present)

Xerox awakens from his trance. 

Xerox: That fool! Shao Khan will doom us all!

Xerox storms out of the keep. To devise a plan. He knows that if he kills Shao Khan, it will mean that another will do what he did. 

Right now Xerox has the advantage of foresight. He doesn't want to squander it.