chapter 10 Uncertainty

Mileena was practicing in the training yard. She felt a pair of eyes watching her.  She knew it wouldn't be Y/n. 

The training ground would be way too open for a meeting place.   She looked around and only saw other warriors training.    She stops training and decides to go back into the palace.  

She knew someone was following her. So she decided to figure out who it was. She turned a corner and hide just out of sight. 

She saw Shang Tsung walk around the corner and walk right past her.   She snuck behind him and held a sai to his neck. 

Mileena: Why are you following me sorcerer?

Shang smirked.

Shang: I have no clue what you mean lady Mileena.  I was just going on a stroll.  Or perhaps, you have reason to believe I would follow you, expecting someone perhaps?

Mileena knew what he was insinuating. 

Mileena: Give me one reason not to stab you in the neck right now. 

Shang: Because, I believe that would very unfortunate, and hard to explain to you're father.  

Mileena let him go, he turned around to face her.

Mileena: What do you want? 

Shang: Quan Chi and I disagree on a few things regarding Y/n.  We're both very interested about his power. However Quan Chi wants to take his power for his own.  

Mileena raised a brow at him.

Mileena: And you don't?

Shang: *chuckle* Oh on the contrary, I rather have an ally that I can depend on versus a impossible enemy to defeat. 

Mileena wasn't buying this farce for a minute. 

Mileena: Do you expect me to believe you?

Shang shrugged his shoulders.

Shang: It really doesn't matter. I know of you're little meetups with Y/n. Baraka told Quan Chi of his suspicions, he told me of this suspicion, and I put two and two together. 

Mileena: Then why haven't you told my father yet?

Shang: Why haven't "you" told him yet? 

Mileena: He would never accept me being with a earthrealmer.  

Shang: And yet you still do that exact thing. Why?

Mileena: Because, Y/n makes me feel...normal. Everyone else makes me feel like a monster.

Shang slightly nodded, understanding the logic behind the answer.  

Mileena: You know everyone else goes for my sister. Kitana has almost as many suitors as there is men in outworld! But when anyone sees my face, they don't want me.  Y/n did though, he didn't care.  He still wants me.  

Shang: I see. 

Mileena: If there isn't anything else you want to ask, I'm leaving.

Mileena left and Shang pondered his next move. 

She walked around for a bit. Then noticed Kitana and Jade. She was just in earshot of them.

Kitana: What did you think of that earthrealmer?

Jade: Well, he won the tournament so that means he is a good fighter.

Kitana: Personally I would like to see him again. 

Jade: And why is that.

Kitana: He's quite a handsome man. And a fresh face compared to those around us constantly.

Jade: I see. 

Mileena grew angry at her words.

Mileena in head: Of everyone else out there. Why would she gun for the one person I want to be mine?! 

Mileena grew sad at the same time. Wondering if Y/n would admire Kitana like others in the past.   She shook herself awake.

Mileena in head: No. He wouldn't.  It's fine, yeah fine.

Mileena went into her room and sat down on her bed. She took off her mask and looked in the mirror. 

Mileena sighed and sat down on the bed.  A knocking on the door was heard.

Mileena: Come in. 

Shao Khan opened the door.

Shao: Daughter.  We are having a party tonight.  Make yourself presentable. *leaves*

Mileena: I am not in the mood for parties. *sigh*   

Little did she know of who was going to be on the guest list.   

Raiden was overseeing the training of the monks.   But then shouting from the front gates were heard.  Raiden quickly teleported over there. 

He saw monk guards staring down at Shang Tsung.

Raiden: Shang Tsung, why have you come here?!

Shang: Stay you're hand Raiden. I come on behalf of Shao Khan. And I am not here for you, I am here for Y/n.

Raiden: He wants nothing to do with you Sorcerer, you and you're master both! 

Shang: Shao Khan will not take you're word for it Raiden. I will need to hear it from Y/n himself.

At that point a shadow appeared and landed next to Raiden. Y/n appeared from it.

Y/n: Lord Raiden, is everything okay?

Shang: There you are.

Y/n: Shang Tsung! You have a lot of nerve coming here after impersonating my mother! 

Shang: As much as I love a fight, that is not what I am here for. 

Raiden: Then what are you here for? 

Shang: Shao Khan invites Y/n to a party celebrating our victory over Khacia realm. Of course the champion would be invited to the festivities.  

Y/n: I shall go.

Raiden: Y/n, I protest. This could be a trap.

Y/n: I have no fear Raiden. You know as well as I do, that death for me would be welcomed.

Raiden: That does not mean you need to throw yourself at death's doorstep!

Y/n: I have to go Raiden. I protected them, I must celebrate that victory with them.

Shang: I will inform Shao Khan that you will be joining.

Shang Tsung left.

Y/n began walking away.

Raiden: I hope you know what you're doing Y/n.

Y/n: Me too.