chapter 4 what could be

The battle of Armageddon rages on.  The dark forces and light forces battle. Only two are missing from this battle. 

At this point only the strongest remain battling at the top.  Raiden, Liu Kang, Shao Khan, Shinnok, Onaga.   But little did they know. Someone has snapped. .

A veil of shadow engulfs the bottom of the temple and rose to the top of the temple which made the warriors pause. 

Shao Khan: What sorcery is this?

Liu Kang: What is going on lord raiden?

Raiden: I do not know. 

Arriving out of the shadows was Y/n. Tears of blood dried onto his cheeks. 

Raiden: Y/n!  

Y/n stayed silent.

Shinnok: One more speck of dust will mean nothing!  

Shao: He's mine! You will pay for you're embarrassment!

Shao went to swing at Y/n. Only for him to disappear and reappear a few feet away. 

Y/n: You. *points at Shao Khan* You killed her. 

Onaga took this opportunity and tried to grab Y/n. Only for Y/n to look at Onaga making him freeze. Y/n's eyes glowed as the dragon king froze from fear.   Y/n began to walk towards the demon king.

Shinnok's bone hands came out of the ground and grabbed Y/n and began to crush him. Bones could be heard snapping. But it didn't matter.  Y/n bursted out. His bones snapped back together and he was unfazed.

Raiden: Y/n. What have you become?

Y/n instantly appeared in front of Raiden making him jump.

Y/n: I became, a demon. 

Y/n unleashed a shock wave knocking Raiden into a pillar.

Liu: Y/n why?!

Y/n: I have nothing. *begins to cry* I lost another family! *sobs* I'm so tired.

Shao Khan: Snivelling fool! DIEEEE! 

Shao Khan went to smash Y/n. Only for Y/n to kick Shao Khan in the gut. Y/n grabbed Shao Khan by the head.

Y/n: You will suffer. I will make you pay for what you have taken in blood.

Onaga charged and Y/n blocked his punch. Onaga grabbed Y/n and took him up into the air.  Y/n punched Onaga in the chest repeatedly. 

Y/n grabbed Onaga by the head and flooded his head with torturing images and visions. Onaga let out a scream and let go of Y/n crashing down to the ground.  Y/n crashed down on top of Onaga crushing his head killing him.

Y/n rose and looked at the remaining fighters. 

Raiden: Shao Khan, Shinnok. We must work together if we are to defeat him! 

Y/n: Try as you like. It will not matter. 

Shinnok and Raiden charged for Y/n who kept up with both of them knocking Shinnok aside.

Raiden: Why?! What drove you over the edge?!

Y/n: H...He killed her! *Sobs uncontrollably* HE KILLED MILEENA! 

With that yell darkness exploded from Y/n knocking everyone down. 

Y/n: *sobs* With her death. He tooks three lives.  Mileena, his own, and...my child. 

Raiden: Shao Khan...has doomed us all.

Shinnok summoned a bone hand to attack Y/n. Instead he was met with Y/n in front of him. Y/n punched through Shinnok.

Shinnok: *gasps* Not* cough* even you*groans* can kill an elder god.

Y/n: You're soul is mine.

Y/n absorbed Shinnok's soul.

Liu Kang bicycle kicked Y/n repeatedly. But it had no effect on Y/n. Instead Y/n grabbed Liu Kang by the neck.   Y/n broke his neck in his hand and threw him aside.  

Shao Khan went for a swing but Y/n dodged and broke Shao Khan's leg. He screamed in pain as he hit the ground.

Y/n Grabbed Shao Khan. Y/n began his mental torture of Shao Khan. With the goal of making his death slow and painful.  Y/n dropped Shao Khan who was wriggling in pain and fear.

Raiden: Y/n, think of what you're doing!

Y/n: I did. I decided that I give up. 

Y/n appeared and grabbed Raiden, pinning him against a pillar.

Y/n: You failed Raiden. You're only a failure! WHERE WERE YOU WHEN I WAS FORCED TO KILL PEOPLE!? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN SHAO KHAN KILLED MY FAMILY!?  You were nowhere to be found.  So now. I'LL SCATTER YOU'RE GUTS THROUGHOUT YOU'RE TEMPLE!

Y/n threw Raiden to the side.

Y/n: I killed them all Raiden. The Shaolin. Outworld, Orderrealm, Chaosrealm. Everyone, dead. 

Y/n grabbed Raiden and readied himself to kill him. 

Raiden watched as Y/n was about to strike him down. Just as the finishing blow hit Raiden.

Raiden jolted awake revealing it was all a dream. Or perhaps a vision of a possible future. Raiden put his hands over his eyes.

Raiden: By the elder gods. Could that dream come to pass? 

Raiden got up and went out to the training area. Most were sparing. Except for Y/n who used the dummy.   Y/n turned his direction. And Raiden saw Y/n with black and red eyes. Which terrified him. 

Raiden teleported over to Y/n only to see that Y/n's eyes were normal.  Y/n looked at him confused.

Y/n: Is something wrong?

Raiden: Uh...no. Forgive me. I didn't mean to scare you. Carry on Y/n.

Raiden walked away rubbing his forehead.

Raiden: I need to calm myself. That's only one possibility, if even it is one. 

Little did Raiden know. Shao Khan had the same dream. Shao Khan took it as a warning. But only time can tell how he will take this warning.