chapter 27 end of peace

The negotiations continue. Ermac is mostly under control of king Jerrod of Edenia, his soul making up most of the thoughts. This causes him to take Kitana's side. But because of what he has become, he does feel bad for Mileena.

The negotiations of course haven't gone any better and many are getting anxious that the opposite side may be ready to attack.

Of course some wish for others to change sides. Like Jade.

Jade stops Kotal as he is walking.

Jade: Kotal, why are you avoiding me?! After all this time, don't you still love me?

Kotal: With all my heart. But I can't let that dissuade me from my true purpose here.

Jade: To help Mileena?!

Kotal: To repay my debt to Y/n. Without him I wouldn't have ever escaped, I owe him my life.

Jade puts her hand on his chest.

Jade: Please, come back to me. Kotal, I don't want to fight you.

Kotal: I'm sorry, but I will not betray Y/n.

Jade looks at Kotal for a few seconds, she begins to fight tears as she takes her hand away. She turns around and walks away, Kotal sighs as he walks the opposite direction.

Mileena knows that Shang Tsung would have answers for her. She finds him talking with a servant

Mileena: Sorcerer.

Shang Tsung dismisses the servant and turns to her.

Shang: How can I help you, my Khan?

Mileena: You made me what I am, didn't you?! And don't lie to me because I saw another me in the pits!

Shang: Ah, so you finally know the truth. You're father didn't believe that Kitana was suitable to rule, so he had me make you.

Mileena: Then what are these memories in my head!

Shang: Illusions that he had me put in there. In reality, you didn't have a real childhood. Shame really, you're true memories are from...*pauses for five seconds* I don't even remember actually.

Mileena looks away.

Mileena: So I don't really have a sister?

Shang: Technically you do. You just don't have a real mother.

Mileena: So tell me then, does Kitana share this Illusion?!

Shang: Yes, Shao Khan did that one. Her memories are also altered.

Mileena: I should kill you for this!

Shang: But you won't.

Mileena: *sighs* I know. I'm going to go lie down.

Mileena walks away, but what they both don't realize, is that Kitana heard the entire thing.

Days go by and tensions are very high.

The arguments begin again but this time Kitana has something to say.

Kitana: Mileena, my "sister". Is a fake!

Goro: What?

Baraka: Explain yourself!

Kitana: I overhead her and Shang Tsung, discussing about how she was made in the flesh pits, and how our memories are fake! We share no real blood!

Mileena: Wait, sister!

Kitana: Don't call me that, you abomination! I always knew there was something off about you, but now this proves it! How many more lies will you let spread?!

Mileena: None! I haven't lied to anyone, I didn't know it till a few days ago!

Kitana: And yet you told nobody, not even me?!

Mileena: I'm sorry! I just didn't...I...I...It is so hard to process the fact that my whole life was a lie! And so was your's!

Kitana: I don't believe you. I think you just didn't want to tell anyone that you're claim, doesn't exist.

Mileena: No! I....I...I...*starts to tear up* Kitana, I'm sorry!

Kitana: Save those fake tears! Take her!

The two sides drew their weapons, but with the news, Kitana's forces outnumbered Mileena's.

The battle begins and the two sides clash.

Kotal: Mileena! We must escape from the palace, it isn't safe here anymore!

Mileena looks at the carnage she wished to avoid.

Mileena: You are right. *wipes her tears away* Let's go!

Mileena and her forces fight their way out of the palace and into the forested lands.

Goro: So what do we do now?

Mileena: You all have chosen to stick by me, and I thank you for that.

Scorpion: My ultimate goal is to kill Quan Chi. But first, you will have the throne.

Kotal: Mileena, you hid something important from us. But in my opinion, it doesn't change the fact that you have chosen a righteous path. I doubt that you were created to be a paragon, so the fact that you have chosen to follow a more noble path, speaks volumes.

Mileena: Thank you. We will need an army.

Shang Tsung: I am sure we can find many to flock to you.

Goro: The Shokan surely will.

Baraka: And the Tarkatans!

Mileena: We will need more. I can't rely on Y/n this time. I will go to Khaciarealm and see what I can do there.

Kotal: Should I come with?

Mileena shakes her head.

Mileena: No, I have no need to fear for my life there. Just stay alive until I get back.

Shang Tsung: We will be here once you return.

Mileena nods and prepares herself for her long journey.