chapter 7 questions answered

Raiden meets with Fujin.

Raiden: Any luck brother?

Fujin: No. I found no mortal in earthrealm named Mileena.

Raiden: Hmm. Perhaps my dream is not a warning? No. It has to be. It felt too real and had too much detail.

Fujin: Then what do we do?

Raiden: I do not know. It would be hard to go to other realms and search the populus.

Fujin: Have you tried asking the elder gods?

Raiden: Yes. The mention of Y/n. It strikes fear. They go silent when it comes to him.

Fujin: That is strange.

Raiden: They know of him. What he's been through. And that he's an anomaly.

Fujin: Speaking of which, where is Y/n?

Raiden: Off training I assume. He prefers the dummy.

Fujin: I passed the training area. He was not there.

Raiden stopped in his tracks. Raiden speed walked past Fujin and went to Y/n's room. He opened the door to reveal it empty.

Raiden: Oh no.

Raiden went to the training area and found Liu kang and Kung Lao.

Raiden: Y/n is missing. Have you two seen him.

Liu and Kung: No.

Raiden: Curses. I should have watched him more closely.

Fujin: Do you think he's hurt himself?

Raiden: Given his mental state. I think it is highly possible. Shao Khan may have also abducted him a second time.

Fujin: If we go to outworld, We may not come back brother.

Raiden: I know. But what choice do we have? If Shao Khan pushes Y/n too hard. *pause* He may fall too far, and become a threat to us all. But first we must be certain he isn't here. Split up and search.

In outworld Y/n meets with Mileena in secret, in the courtyard.

Y/n: I guess this beats our usual meetings.

Mileena: I suppose so. What shall we do now beloved?

? : Oh I got an idea. Sssss.

They looked to see a snake humanoid.

Y/n: Who the hell are you?

?: Call me Slither. I came to kill the girl. I'll cut you a deal. You walk away. Ssss. And I'll let you go.

Y/n: That is NEVER going to happen.

Slither: Pity. Oh well. Two for one isn't bad.

Y/n: You will kill no one.

Xerox: He's right.

Xerox walks into the courtyard.

Xerox: Slither, leave us.

Slither walked away past Xerox.

Xerox: Forgive my assassin. He is only doing what is best for his allies.

Y/n: And why did you come here?

Xerox: For you actually. Not to kill you, but instead. To feed my curiosity.

Y/n: What makes you think i'll answer any question?

Xerox: Because I can answer your's too, demon. I know what you are. Where that power comes from.

Y/n's eyes went wide. His eyes went red and black.

Y/n: I WILL-!

Mileena grabbed his hand which made him pause. He calmed down.

Xerox: Whoever created you is dead, correct?

Y/n: Yes.

Xerox: Did you know the direct possession?

Y/n looked away. Mileena squeezed his hand. He squeezed back gently.

Y/n: I...I was possessed.

Xerox: You defeated the demon in you're head?

Y/n: Not alone. I had help.

Xerox: Hmm. Interesting. I never heard of that before. You are one of a kind.

Y/n: But I killed so many. .

Xerox had nothing but honesty in his voice.

Xerox: Many others have felt the same way. But being directly possessed is different. You kill so many more. But, take comfort that you are luckier than most. Some watch everything die.

Y/n: How do you know so much?

Xerox: Because. I battled them many times and won. I have traveled to realms forsaken and killed the demons before they leave. Once you kill the direct possession, the others regain control. Most...choose to end their own life.

Y/n: How many demons are there?

Xerox: I do not know.

Y/n: Why do they do what they do?

Xerox: I assume to be more powerful than the other. The more they kill, the more their power grows. They absorb the soul, they get power.

Y/n: Why do you fight outworld?! Hurt innocent people?!

Xerox: Because. I'm the lesser of two evils. Shao Khan has troops I could use. You should join me.

Y/n: No.

Xerox: I don't blame you. I know just how powerful morals, and love can be. When a demon took my love away, I seeked vengeance and vowed all demons I find shall die.

Y/n: Then what about me?

Xerox: I think you'd be more useful alive then dead. I must leave now. Luck to you Y/n.

Xerox left. Leaving Y/n and Mileena alone. Y/n looked towards the sky. Mileena continued to hold his hand.

Mileena: Hey. Don't let what he said get to you. You're not like them.

Y/n: I know.

Mileena moved in front of him and removed her veil. She pulled him in and kissed him. He returned it in full. They parted and hugged.

Mileena: I'm here. Okay?

Y/n: Okay.

Mileena: Come on. Let's go grab some food.

Y/n: That's sound good right about now.