chapter 30 Kytinn fall

The war continues. Liu Kang and co walk through a Kytinn tunnel. The obvious solution to finding the main base is to follow the network of tunnels and try to find where they are all connected.

The gambit surprisingly worked. The four look as the worker drones attended to the matters of the hive.

They snuck around for a minute before laying eyes on the queen. The massive Kytinn was different in form compared to the Kytinn drones. The only problem would be finding out a way to destroy the hive.

Unknown to our four heroes. Another force sought out the same thing.

A portal opens in the middle of the hive as Khaciarealm soldiers pour out from the portal and begin to fight the warriors of the hive.

Kung Lao: Well that was unexpected!

Liu Kang: But not unwelcomed!

Li Mei: What are we waiting for?!

The four join the battle as Xerox steps out of the portal with his retinue.

Xerox: Find the one known as Reiko. And kill him.

His retinue nod and rush towards the battle.

The army continues to battle as Reiko joins the fight with the Kytinn royal guards.

Kung Lao appears and kicks him away from the group.

Reiko: Damn Earthrealmers! You collude with Khaciarealm?!

Kung Lao: That was just convenient. But it does help us stop you.

Reiko: After I kill all of you. I'll just lay low and my army will replenish itself.

Reiko begins to fight with Kung Lao.

Reiko isn't the only one of importance here. Skarlet can be seen using the blood of the fallen to slice up Khaciarealm soldiers.

Liu Kang and Xerox charge for her and both of them punch at her, but she narrowly dodges.

Xerox: Earthrealmers?

Liu Kang: We too seek to end general Reiko's plots.

Xerox: Very well. We are lucky to have more skilled warriors.

A unlikely presence appears. Black dragons appear from a tunnel and begin to open fire on Khaciarealm soldiers. Their shields are strong enough to take the bullets, luckily enough.

Howitz and Sylver charge towards the black dragons but Kabal appears and speeds towards them.

Howitz: Deal with him.

Sylver nods and the two speedsters clash and begin to exchange blows. Howitz finds that the black dragons were caught unprepared for this. Most ran out of ammo without a few minutes. They then drew knives and joined the melee.

Li Mei and Bo Rai Cho focus on the queen, battling the royal guards as they slowly make progress.

Reiko continues to fight against Kung Lao as he sees that he is being pushed back towards the Khaciarealm portal.

Reiko sees the plan and decides to roll past Kung Lao and begin to sprint back towards his allies.

Kung Lao throws his hat in front of Reiko and teleports to it. In one swift kick he sends Reiko crashing down to the ground.

Reiko shakes himself awake as he looks up at Kung Lao.

Kung: It's over.

Reiko: Not yet!

Reiko goes for a leg sweep and Kung responds by jumping over it. Reiko rolls and gets up.

The two continue to fight as Skarlet has no hope against Kung Lao and Xerox. Minutes later she is knocked out.

Howitz slaughters his way through the black dragon mercenaries.

Kabal sees the situation deteriorate and decides to retreat. Sylver chases him through the tunnels in an attempt to catch him.

Li Mei and Bo Rai Cho make it to the queen. The helpless queen looks at them with his massive eyes.

Bo Rai Cho takes a swig of his drink, before lighting a match and blowing into it, his alcohol filled breath causing the fire to go forward and engulf the queen in flames. The queen screeches in pain.

The Kytinn begin to be outnumbered as the Khaciarealm soldiers never seem to stop appearing from the portal.

Reiko finds himself surrounded. He lunges at Kung Lao and goes for a punch. But to Kung Lao's surprise. Xerox appears in front of him and grabs Reiko by his neck.

Reiko chokes for air as he is held up by Xerox.

Xerox: General Reiko. I will give you praise for being smart. However, you decided to use black dragon armaments. Did you really think you could get away with it?

Reiko: Why do you care?! *coughs* Is it because of Mileena?! You know, don't you? You know of her affair.

Xerox looks at Reiko.

Xerox: I am a man of pragmatism. Abandon the Kytinn and have you and any other followers support Mileena as Khan. And I will let you go.

Reiko knew he had no other options.

Reiko: Deal!

Xerox drops Reiko who gasps for air. Reiko rubs his neck in relief.

Xerox: Now, leave.

Reiko stumbles up, Skarlet follows him out of the hive.

Liu Kang approaches Xerox.

Liu Kang: What affair is he talking about?

Xerox: Do not ask questions you do not wish to truly know the answer to.

Kung Lao: It's Y/n isn't it?

Liu Kang looks at Kung Lao with a confused face.

Kung Lao: Oh come on! It is obvious when you think about it!

Xerox: Well deduced. May I ask you all keep this a secret from Raiden?

Liu Kang: I can not promise that.

Xerox: Fair enough. I do wish for honest men to lie for nothing.

Liu Kang: It is true then? Y/n and Mileena?

Xerox: Yes. I interfere to ensure that Mileena has a fair chance in winning this war. She does not know I am here, and I want it to stay that way.

Liu Kang: We will not mention you.

Xerox: Good. I bid you all farewell, the army of Khaciarealm will return home.

Sylver returns from his unsuccessful chase in time to go back through the portal before it closes.

Kung Lao: Well, that changes things. Can we really be unbiased anymore?

Liu Kang: I do not believe so. We shall return home then, Kung Lao.

Kung Lao nods and they wish good luck to Li Mei and Bo Rai Cho.

They return home as the final battle for Outworld draws closer.