chapter 16 end of tournament.

The tournament continues. The warriors of earthrealm were down to two warriors. Y/n and Liu Kang.

Y/n was considering just giving up and putting his faith in Liu Kang. But he knew Liu Kang was waiting for this match.

Liu: After all this time. I finally get to see what you can do against me.

Y/n and Liu Kang began to fight. But the fight wouldn't last long. All it takes is one well placed blow by Y/n. But Y/n was being very cautious. He stayed on the defensive, he's only seen Liu Kang train, he's never faced him before.

Liu Kang went for a flurry of attacks. Y/n began to memorize the attack patterns.

Liu Kang went for a jab. Y/n ducked under it and went for an uppercut.

This uppercut sent Liu Kang stumbling backwards. Y/n delivered two swift jabs to the chin, then delivered a roundhouse kick. This knocked Liu Kang out.

Y/n sighed in relief.

Shang Tsung clapped.

Shang Tsung: Well done. But it isn't over yet. Now you face outworld's champion against earthrealm.

Y/n was teleported into Goro's lair.

Goro stepped out in front of Y/n.

Goro: Nobody is here to save you this time.

Y/n: Will you fight me like a warrior this time? Or attack me from behind again?

Goro snarled and went to punch Y/n. Goro was surprised when Y/n caught the punch.

Y/n: I'm something different than you. Something not of this whole universe.

Y/n proceeded to break Goro's fist.

Goro screamed in pain and went for another punch. Y/n caught that one as well and repeated the process.

Goro now only had two working fists.

Y/n: Yield.

Goro: Never!

Goro went to grab Y/n. Y/n teleported above Goro and slammed his knees down onto Goro, knocking him out.

Y/n teleported to Shang Tsung's throne room.

The earthrealm team cheered.

Shang Tsung stepped down from his throne.

Y/n: Yield. And spare me the trouble.

Shang: How arrogant.

Shang Tsung attempted to suck Y/n's soul out. But found himself in the same position Shao Khan did. He was blew backwards.

Y/n: You knew that wouldn't work. You will have to face me with skill alone. Pray that it is enough.

Shang Tsung got up and charged at Y/n.

Shang Tsung went for a kick. Y/n dodged.

Y/n wanted to end this fast. His bloodlust was kicking in.

Y/n managed to beat Shang Tsung with a slam. But Y/n was getting bloodthirsty.

Y/n held an unconscious Shang Tsung by his neck.

Y/n had a sinister smile. His voice got deeper and sounded more echoey.

Y/n: I win.

Mileena saw his smile and had a worried look on her face.

Y/n slammed Shang Tsung on the ground.

Y/n began to laugh. He was about to tear Shang Tsung's head off. But then he thought about his family.

Y/n calmed himself down and let go of Shang Tsung.

Y/n walked out of the throne room.

The outworld fighters returned home.

Shao Khan was very unhappy. And Shang Tsung would receive the brunt of his anger.

A bloodied Shang Tsung is on all fours in front of Shao's throne.

Shao: You disappoint me. I expected better of you.

Mileena stands beside Shao's throne.

Mileena: That's not even the best part.

Shao: And what would that be?

Mileena: I have reason to believe that Shang Tsung, has made an attempt to have me killed.

Shao Khan was not pleased. He gripped his hammer and brought it onto his lap.

Shao: Is this true?

Shang Tsung: Of course not!

Mileena: He hired the earthrealmer known as Kano. He then attempted to shift the blame on Quan Chi. If it wasn't for Y/n, I'd be dead.

Shao: So it was either Shang Tsung, or Quan Chi? Hmmm.

Mileena: Don't worry, father. I don't hold it against him. Besides, I don't have proof.

Shao: Very well. I have business to attend to.

Shao Khan got up and walked away.

Mileena approached the beaten Shang Tsung.

She put her hand under his chin and lifted him to face her.

Mileena: Consider yourself lucky. I could have easily let you die. Consider this a warning. If you attempt something like that again.

Mileena smiles and shows her sharp teeth.

Mileena: I'll tear you apart, piece by piece.

Mileena walks away.

Shao Khan must devise a knew strategy. He needs to find a way to deal with Y/n. As long as Y/n won't allow any realm to be merged, he will never get what he wants.