chapter 15 relax

Y/n and Mileena are in a secluded spot. Luckily for Y/n, he brought a first aid kit just in case something like this happened. The bullet went clean through which was a good thing.

Mileena: Where did you learn to do this?

Y/n: My father was the doctor of the village. He got the medical supplies and worked at a hospital in a city not far from the village. He taught me anything he could.

Mileena: I don't think it was Quan Chi who hired Kano.

Y/n: Why is that?

Mileena: Quan Chi has his own assassin. Why hire another?

Y/n thought about it for a second.

Y/n: If not Quan Chi, then who?

Mileena: I would guess Shang Tsung. That snake is only loyal to himself.  He betrayed earthrealm to join outworld. I wouldn't be surprised if he plans to kill my father.

Y/n: I see.  What do we do then?

Mileena: I don't know.  This is getting more dangerous.  God I just want this tournament to end.

Y/n: It'll end one way or another, but whatever happens, I'll be here for you. 

Mileena: Stay with me, please.  I don't want to move.

Y/n listened and sat down next to Mileena.

Mileena: This could be one of the last times I see earthrealm like this. If outworld wins this tournament, my father has the right to invade. And if he wins the invasion, outworld will merge with earthrealm.

Y/n: I can't let that happen, you know that right?

Mileena: I know. But the only to stop my father is to kill him.  Could you really do that?

Y/n looked at the sky.

Y/n: I don't know. Maybe if there was no other way.   But I don't like the idea. Killing someone has a bad taste to me.

Mileena: They call you a coward for it.

Y/n: Who?

Mileena: Other outworld warriors. The ungrateful bastards!  You single handedly defeated Khacia realm. And yet they don't even give you respect for it! You saved their lives!

Y/n: I don't care what they think of me.

Mileena: I do! I'm the only one that seems to understand that without you, we would have lost!  Except maybe my sister! But she wants to sleep with you.

Y/n: If only she knew.

Mileena: I heard her talking about you, how she thought you were "handsome" and stuff like that.  And it made me so mad! Because that's just like her. The spoiled princess who has everything she wants.

Y/n: And you're not spoiled?

Mileena: Well...yeah. But I didn't have everything I wanted thrown at me!   It was a long time before I met you! And before then I had no real suitors, only tarkatans. And no way was that happening.

Y/n chuckled.

Y/n: You're adorable when you're worked up.

Mileena pouted and leaned her head against Y/n's shoulder.  Y/n smiled and looked into the sky.

Y/n: We need more nights like this?

Mileena: *sarcastic* Where I get shot?

Y/n: *chuckle* No. Nights where we can just look at the stars.  

Mileena: That'd be nice. Y/n?

Y/n: Yeah?

Mileena: If outworld wins this tournament. I'm telling my father about us. I need to try to get him to spare you.

Y/n: I won't stop you.     

Mileena turned and held onto Y/n's arm. Y/n chuckled.

Y/n: I'll protect you, no matter what happens.

Mileena: And I'll protect you when you need it. Even the strongest warriors need a hand once in a while.

Y/n: I suppose you're right.  

Mileena: Want to know something?

Y/n: What?

Mileena: My father wasn't the original ruler of outworld. Onaga was. But my father poisoned him and killed him with Goro.  Which put him on the throne.

Y/n: Interesting.

Mileena: It's something he told me when I was a kid as a bedtime story.  

Y/n: I didn't have a story like that when I was a kid.  Sure there was a few with imaginary characters, but nothing with real people.  

Mileena: I like earthrealm.  It's beautiful.

Y/n: I suppose places like here are quite beautiful. Cities on the other hand, I hate them.

Mileena: How so?

Y/n: Their loud, crowded, and everyone there tends to be a real asshole.

Mileena: There are perks to being royalty in outworld. Anyone is an asshole to me and I can just kill them and get away with it.

Y/n: *sarcastic* That would get rid of quite a few assholes.

Mileena: It definitely would. 

Y/n: Raiden is going to worry about me if I don't go see him soon.

Mileena: I probably should head back as well. Even if one of them tried to kill me. I can just hide with my sister.   If I tell her someone is trying to kill me, she'll protect me.   Even if we don't always get along.

Y/n: I'll carry you back as far as I can.

Mileena smiled and let Y/n lift her up. He carried her back as far as he could before he put her on her feet. 

They went their seperate ways. 

Y/n went back to his friends and Mileena did the same.

Shang Tsung's plan worked for the most part. Y/n belives Quan Chi hired Kano.  But will Shao Khan belive him when this is all over.