Chapter 3 Learning

It hasn't been long since his trip to outworld. His thoughts of it glide to Mileena. And how troublesome her life must really be. Y/n did want to visit her, see how she was doing. But he couldn't.

Y/n knew from the demon that his kind could travel from universe to universe, dimension to dimension, realm to realm. And he wanted to see if he could do that. But no matter what he tried he couldn't open a portal.

Raiden watched him do this one day. And decided to question his actions.

Raiden: Y/n. What are you trying to do?

Y/n: Trying to create a portal to another realm.

Raiden: I see. You think that is possible?

Y/n: If the demon can do it. So can I. 

Raiden: And why do you wish to learn how to do that?

Y/n: Just in case an attack like that happens again. 

He didn't want to tell Raiden the truth. He didn't want to know what Raiden would tell him.

Raiden: I will leave you to it.

Raiden left and Y/n continued experimenting. But had no luck.

The next day Y/n was training against a training dummy.

Liu: The dummy can only improve you so much.

Y/n: I don't have to worry about killing it.

Liu: You're still scared?

Y/n: Wouldn't you? Having the same power as a demon who posses you're corpse. Bringing you back to life, and making you kill so many innocent people.

Liu: I do not judge. Many would deal with it in different ways. But you have shown you can use it to you're own means.

Y/n: Sometimes. This morning I woke up and looked in the mirror. To see dried blood on my cheeks.  

Liu: I see.

Y/n: I want to understand this. I want to learn. I hate it, but I need to learn how to use this power. So I don't lose control and don't hurt anyone else. 

Liu: I will leave you to you're thoughts.

Later that day Y/n left the temple and went into the wilderness. He sat there and just listened.  He thought of outworld and what he had seen.  Seconds later a portal opened in front of him. He readied himself  for an enemy.

But instead. All he saw was sand.  He did it. He made a portal to outworld.

Y/n closed it and opened it again to make sure he got the hang of it.  

Y/n smiled to himself.  He figured no one would notice and stepped through the portal. 

He then imagined when he was running and accidentally found Mileena. Her door more specifically.

A portal opened near the hallway proving no one was there. Y/n snuck through and snuck up to Mileena's door.  He knocked on the door.

Mileena: Come in.

Y/n opened the door and quickly shut it behind him.

Mileena: Y/n?!

Y/n: Hey.

Mileena: W...what are you doing here?!

Y/n: I mostly came to see if you were fine.

Mileena: H-how?

Y/n: Turns out I can make portals to other realms.

Mileena: Woah.  You shouldn't have came. If you get caught. My father will kill you.

Y/n: Don't worry. I won't be here long. Just enough to make sure you're okay.

Mileena: Thank you though. For coming to see me.

Y/n: Of course my friend. I do not abandon my friends. 

Mileena hugged Y/n. Catching him by surprise. Y/n returned the hug.

Y/n: I must go now. Before people suspect i'm here.

Mileena: Goodbye Y/n.

Y/n went through a portal back to his room in the temple.

Later Baraka arrived. 

Baraka: Mileena, Shao Khan wishes to speak with-. *sniffs the air* I know that scent! That earthrealmer, had the same scent.

Mileena: I think you're nose is failing, i'm the only one here. 

Baraka: You reek of his scent. You lie Mileena!

Mileena: Perhaps we should play a little game Baraka. *laughs* We'll have so much fun together.

Baraka: I don't have time for you're childish games. Shao Khan is getting impatient. I'm not dying because of you.

Baraka went to Quan Chi.

Baraka: Mileena is in league with the earthrealmer from a few days ago.

Quan: What makes you so sure?

Baraka: She reeked of his scent. He came back.

Quan: No doubt to visit Mileena. I suspected her from the start. The trail wasn't a trick.

Baraka: What do we do then?

Quan: Nothing. Shao Khan won't believe us. We bide our time. He'll slip up eventually. I doubt he can even control his power, from what i've seen.