Convincing Connor

**Jade's POV**

Connor and I weren't dating, but we had strong feelings for each other. Miles and Michaela had confirmed my suspicions about the feelings being mutual.

***

One day during lunch Miles took Connor to go play some football. Miles had told Michaela and I to hide under the bleachers so we could listen to their conversation. It was until Miles asked Connor

"So how are things with you and Jade going?" That I actually put attention to their conversation.

Michaela noticed the way I was holding my breath. She came to my side and grabbed my hand it gave it a reassuring squeeze.

"What about us?"

"Well don't you like her?"

"Of course I like Jade!"

Michaela and I both jumped up and down in pure happiness. Up until we heard Connor say "Wait, did you hear that too?"

"Hear what?"

"I don't know, it was something from under the bleachers." We both froze. Oh gosh, he could not see us here.

"Nah, it was nothing Connor c'mon let's keep playing."

"I swear there's something under there!"

"C'mon Jade, we have to leave now before he sees us" I nodded and we fled the area. That was how I knew for sure that Connor had liked me.

***

Today I was just going to sit at home alone. Miles and Michaela were going out and Max and Elena had a trip with their friends from choir. Connor had a date with some girl named Haley Smith. I had heard she was beautiful, which made me sad to think he was going out with someone who wasn't me.

Even though I heard him admit to having a crush on me, I was beginning to feel like that wasn't enough. I needed more from him. He hadn't displayed his feelings for me other than his usual flirting which he did with so many other girls. I'll admit, I was feeling very insecure.

How could I not? He was going on dates with other people, and only spent some time with me if we were with the group. I wanted to know it wasn't all just a waste of my time. I needed to know that my feelings weren't going to waste.

I layed on my bed and began to cry. Ugh Connor is such an idiot! If he liked me he just had to tell me so! Why was it so hard for him? My phone began to ring about twenty minutes later.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Jade! Are you okay? You sound terrible!" It was Connor.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

"Are you at home?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I'm safe at home."

"Okay, well I have to go now, bye Jade."

"Bye Connor."

I couldn't believe it! He called me and that's all he had to say! I guess I really don't matter to him anymore. I cried until I cried myself to sleep.

I don't know how much time passed by until I heard a knock on my balcony door that woke me up. I slowly got up and opened the small doors. Connor?

"What're you doing here? "

"I'll explain later, can I come in?"

I moved slightly to give him enough room to walk in.

"Don't you have a date with Haley today?"

"Why? You jealous? "

"No, but I bet you wish it was me you were going out with." It came out sounding more serious than I had intended. I laughed hoping he wouldn't see right through me.

"Well you're right about that."

I looked at him in disbelief. Was he joking or being serious?

"I rushed over here during my date with Haley, after I heard you on the phone. And if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure you've been crying. Am I right?"

"You're right. "

He scooted closer to me on the bed. "Can I know why?"

I let out a small chuckle. "It's stupid really. It was just over a guy."

"Did he hurt you? I swear to God Jade if he did I will hurt him so much-"

"I don't think that will be necessary.."

"Can I at least know what he did?"

"He was seeing someone else. I mean he and I aren't together, it just hurt to think of him with someone else is all. "

"Jade, are you talking about me?"

I looked away and responded "Yeah. I get if you don't like me back, just please be honest with me, do you like me back?"

"I like you. It's just... I don't know about us dating."

"So then you don't."

"No I do it's just.. I haven't had a girlfriend. Not anything serious. I feel like if we date then I'll just end up hurting you."

I smiled. "Connor, if I do get hurt, I want you to be the one who hurts me. I want you."

He smiled and said "If you insist. I guess I'll be your boyfriend. "

"Shut up! That wasn't me asking! That was your cue to ask me!"

"Oh well in that case," he joked. He got off the bed and got on one knee. He held both my hands in his much bigger one and looked up at me. "Jade, will you be my girlfriend? "

"I thought you'd never ask!"

He jumped on top of me and began kissing my lips.

"Well you don't waste any time, do you."

"Nope. Time is a gift and I don't plan on wasting it."

After a long time of kissing and cuddling, I asked him "Hey, so now that you're my boyfriend, I was wondering if you wanted to spend the night."

"Doing what?"

"Sleeping? What else?"

"Do you really want to know?"

I slapped his arm.

"Oww! Okay I guess holding you in my arms will be enough for tonight. "

Connor gave me many kisses on my forehead before we both drifted off to sleep.

In the morning, I woke up to Connor frantically collecting his things.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your parents just got here."

Oh no.

"You need to get out!"

"What does it look like I'm trying to do?"

Once he had all his things, he took me with him to my balcony.

"I'll text you as soon as I can."

"Okay, I'll be waiting. "

He kissed my lips once more before jumping off my balcony. Right as he made it to the gate of my house, he turned around and yelled "I love you Jade!"

"I love you too!" I screamed. He smiled and waved his final goodbye. I stood there at my balcony until he was no longer in sight.

Connor was actually my boyfriend now.