Discussion

Thursday, October 22, 2020

"So let me get this straight. You want me, to pretend to date you, so that your crazy ex will leave you alone?"

Renjun and Choyun agreed on meeting in the school library early today, that way they could discuss the "incident" that occurred previous. They are sat at a small table in-between two bookshelves, Choyun's elbow propped up on the table and her chin resting against her palm. She's pretty tired, contrary to Renjun who is wide away, considering he often starts his days early.

"Exactly, but-"

He interrupts. "Nope, not doing it, sorry."

"Renjun,"

"I'm not going to get beat up by the captain of the basketball team just because both of you have some unsorted 'issues'."

"If it makes you feel any better, Chenle's about to become captain." Choyun mentions.

"No! That does not make me feel better. I'm friends with Chenle so Jaesuk might hate me even more!"

Choyun sighs, running her hand through her hair to push it back, out of her face. "Look, I know this is kinda out of nowhere, and don't get the wrong idea, it's not like I want to do this-"

"Why not?"

"Huh?"

"Would it be that bad to fake date me?"

"Well I mean, we haven't even started and you're already getting on my nerves... " Renjun was about to bud in, but Choyun continued. "But that aside, Jaesuk's not the easiest to deal with... How about just one week? When it's over you can tell everyone that you broke up with me and we'll never have to speak again. Deal?"

Now it was Renjun's turn to let out a sigh. He turns away from Choyun, contemplating if he really should go through with this.

"We aren't even friends, there's no way people would believe it. Why don't you just ask Haechan?"

"I can't ask him because that one girl shared a picture online and made everyone think you and me are together. Even Haechan himself believes it."

"Okay, well what's in it for me?"

"Maybe everyone will stop thinking you're the sad quiet loser who only clings onto the Dreamies because you have no one else to talk to?"

Renjun turns to the shelf next to him and grabs a soft cover book, gently throwing it at Choyun.

She giggles as she catches it.

"Wait a minute, sad quiet loser? Isn't that you?" Renjun ask.

Choyun's smile fades as she throws the book back at him. She threw it harder than he did, accidently hitting his arm.

Choyun's eyes go wide, scared that she'd hurt the taller boy, but he begins laughing, making her calm down.

"SHHH!" The librarian hushes.

Renjun wipes his face and whispers, "Ugh, I can feel the spit from here."

Choyun giggles again. This feeling was foreign to her. She hadn't enjoyed a conversation with someone outside her family in awhile, let alone laughed. What could this mean?

"Back to what's in this for you... " She begins. " I don't really have much to offer. It's you're choice if you want to help a poor, innocent girl from her jerk of an ex boyfriend."

"Guilt tripping me?"

"It's what I do best." Choyun confidently responds.

Renjun turns to look her in the eyes. "If I say yes, how far will this 'fake relationship' go?"

"N- Not far. Maybe you could just walk me to my classes... "

"Good, because the last thing I'd ever want is to get close to you."

Choyun scoffs. "Don't flatter yourself because I don't want to be with you either."

"Oh really? You're the one who wants me to be your fake boyfriend."

"Only because Haechan and Jaesuk made it up!" She argues.

The two stay quiet as they look at each other. If you would've asked each of them a week ago did they think they'd be in a relationship anytime soon, especially a fake one, they would've both called you crazy.

Renjun didn't know much about Choyun, but for some reason this situation intrigued him. Nothing wrong with helping someone out and potentially making a friend along the way.

'It's only a week, what could go wrong?' He thought to himself.

"Fine, I'll be your fake boyfriend."