Fake Break

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Choyun had been contemplating about Monday's happenings for awhile now. She couldn't stop thinking about Renjun indirectly rejecting her. Her fake boyfriend telling her to cut it out with the boyfriend-girlfriend things.

Under all her sadness, she truly felt guilty. Guilty for using Renjun, even if he'd agreed to it.

She sees her best option as to break-up with Renjun, to avoid falling deeper for him and so that she could stop using him. Plus, it might be easier since their fake relationship was supposed to end yesterday, after the week extension.

Good morning bookworm. When are you going
to arrive at school? Do you need me to pick
you up???

Renjun </3

Read

She didn't respond. She knew better. She only has one mission today. Break-up with Renjun.

Renjun glances at his phone one last time before shoving it into his pocket and sighing while he drops his back onto the wall.

"Is she still not here?" Donghyuck questions, wrapping an arm around the smaller's shoulders.

"Yeah, but I'm sure she'll turn up eventually." Renjun shrugs.

"Maybe she'll come if you tell her how much you love her." Hyuck teases, attempting to tickle Renjun.

"You know I don't believe in love... also it could be uncomfortable, since we're only faking it."

"Faking what?"

Renjun's eyes expand before he scrunches his face in hopes that Hyuck doesn't further question things. He loses all hope when,

"Are you and Choyun fake dating?"

Choyun gets to school a little later, dashing straight for her first class. She lays low and avoids the Dreamies until she can't anymore.

The lunch bell rings and she tries to scurry into the library to wait it out, but Jaemin spots her.

"Hey Choyun, what are you doing?" Jaemin ask, waving and jogging up to her.

"Nothing. Or- uh, studying."

"You can study at the table, come on!" Jaemin begins to drag Choyun by the hand and she doesn't resist, knowing she can't fight it forever.

The Dreamies shout to them as they enter the room.

Jaemin stops Choyun right next to Renjun and she looks down at him as he slowly turns around so that she's in his view.

"Hey bookworm. Are you okay, why were you late today?"

"I- I'm fine." She replies, rubbing her arm. "Can we talk?"

"Yes actually, I have something important to tell you."

Choyun is taken aback by the sudden news yet still follows Renjun. He gets up and they make their way towards the schools garden.

"Do you mind if I go first?" Renjun ask. He didn't wait for a responses to start, but he probably should've because Choyun didn't hear him correctly and they end up speaking at the same time.

"Hyuck knows we're fake dat-" "I think we should break-up."

Renjun stops. "Wait, what?"

"We should break-up."

"W- Why?"

"W- W- Well, I- I don't know! We just should."

"Out of no where?"

"The week is up. We have no reason to do this anymore." Choyun looks down, quickly blinking away the tears that are forming in her eyes.

Renjun couldn't help but to try and fix things. "You, you just opened up to me. Told me about your mom and-"

"Renjun we're over! I don't need you anymore... " And with that, Choyun sprints away.

Renjun was at a loss. How could she just leave him like this?

He'd spent all his recent days pretending to date Choyun, without all that, what is he to do now?