Beliefs

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Little fact about Choyun, she almost always ties her hair up into pigtails. Every school day since she had turned 13, she'd tie her armpit length, black hair into two high pigtails, only switching it up once in awhile by making them low pigtails or by curling the tips.

 Every school day since she had turned 13, she'd tie her armpit length, black hair into two high pigtails, only switching it up once in awhile by making them low pigtails or by curling the tips

(Kinda like this)

Why she did this, no one knows, that or everyone has been too afraid to ask. Miyoko decided to question her about it back when they were best friends and Choyun just shrugged and said, "It's simple and it matches my face well." Those who don't know her address her as 'pigtail girl' which she preferred to any other nicknames the cruel high schoolers could think up.

Today is a day like any other, Choyun does her everyday hair and leaves. It's what happened once she got to school that made today stand out.

"You don't what!" She exclaims.

"Why is that such a big deal? Scientifically, the concept of love isn't real and science has never failed me." Renjun shrugs. He begins to walk away but Choyun jogs up to him and grabs his arm, making him stop and turn around.

"Don't you love your parents?"

"I can appreciate them, I may even say I love them platonically, but the initial idea behind the love that we're talking about seems different than how you'd feel towards your parents... "
(For clarification, he isn't aromantic, he still believes in crushes, just nothing beyond that)

Choyun was in shock, how could Renjun be so blind to such a huge thing. Of course love is real, how could it not be. Choyun loves lofi music, she loves small animals, she has yet to fall in love with another person, but she has watched it happen to others. How could love not be real?

"Love. An intense feeling of deep affection. You've never loved anyone? A crush? A TV character?" Choyun looks up to Renjun.

"What are you guys talking about?" Hyuck cuts in. Renjun and Choyun are standing side by side, walking down the hall as the Dreamies follow.

"Renjun thinks love isn't real, can you believe that?" Choyun rambles.

"Really Renjun, this again? I thought you'd be over it when you got a girlfriend." Jeno sighs. From this comment Choyun assumes this was a reoccurring topic.

"That's just how I feel. Love doesn't make any sense and everything that's real has an explanation. Of course I like Choyun, that's why I'm dating her, but what could be beyond the feeling of like?"

After Renjun said he liked Choyun, she felt a twist in her gut. It reminded her of the pull she felt towards Renjun after kissing him at the party, or even the joy she felt when their families were eating lunch together.

She knew he had only said what he said since the boys were around, but that didn't stop her from taking a moment to pretend all his words were true.