The Start

Friday, October 9, 2020

(Let's pretend that there is no C0rona in this universe)

For Yang Choyun it was a day like any other. She was taking her daily walk to school, freezing her butt off in her short-skirted school uniform. It was almost mid-October and her school still refused to let the girls wear pants under their skirts.

She huffs and continues to trek forward, even with the harsh winds pushing her back.

Along with the uniform, Choyun wore some black knee high socks and a pair of flats with a tiny bow sitting near the cut of where her foot is inserted.

The look was topped with some big, nerdy, reading glasses and her armpit length hair slicked back into low pigtails, some lone strands flying in her face.

Choyun usually tried to dress more conservative, but her school uniform didn't allow that. She stood around 5'4 (162.5) and had natural black hair which she never planned on dyeing.

She finally makes it to school and runs straight into her first class to take her seat.

Before we begin, there's a couple things you should know about Choyun. She is seventeen years old and currently in her second year of high school. During the first year, she was best friends with a girl named Miyoko. They spent every possible moment with each other, goofing off and getting used to the high school environment. They were both very smart and known as very dorky when together. One day, Miyoko abruptly stopped talking to Choyun. She stopped wearing her prescription glasses, threw away her textbooks, and didn't dare to look in Choyun's direction. By the end of the year, Miyoko started hanging around the "popular kids" and Choyun was left alone.

They are now "sworn enemies" according to Miyoko. Choyun just wants to go her separate ways and mind her own business, but Miyoko continues to pick on her on the daily.

Also, Choyun used to date this guy named Jaesuk. He was very pushy, possessive, and overly clingy which lead to Choyun wanting to end the relationship.

Now he is friends with Miyoko who has a huge crush on him, but he's still stuck on Choyun.

Back to current time, Choyun is sitting in Math class, taking notes on everything the teacher says.

"Does anyone know the answer to question five?" The classroom stayed quiet. "Choyun! My top student, do you know?"

"Why is it always me?" Mumbles Choyun.

"What was that?"

"9.327, divided the 4, carry the 1, and 8 is to the second power."

"Very good!" Mrs. Choi praises while writing the equation down on the board. She then turns to face the students. "If Choyun can do it, than so can all of you."

Everyone groans, a couple people throwing balled up paper at Choyun.

"Sorry... " She murmurs, leaning back in her chair until her face is hidden behind her notebook propped up on her desk.

The bell rings signaling the end of class and Choyun leaves towards her locker, opening it to sift through her textbooks.

Just then, her acquaintance Lee Donghyuck sneaks up behind her and slams her locker shut, causing her to jump. She quickly turns around, meeting eyes with him and scrunching her face in annoyance.

"Haechan! I wasn't done." She snares.

"Hi Cho-Cho!"

"Don't call me that."

"Sorry Cho-Cho. How was first period?" (First class)

"Stupid. Mrs. Choi always calls on me and everyone hates it. It's not like they answer any questions."

Hyuck laughs at Choyun's story then proceeds onto his own.

"Well in my class everyone decided to prank the teacher by-"

A tap is felt on Donghyuck's shoulder, causing him stop mid-sentence. "Haechan, are you coming?"

The two turn around to meet eyes with Donghyuck's friend group consisting of Jaemin, Jeno, Mark, Jisung, Chenle, and Renjun.

It was Jeno who tapped on Hyuck shoulder causing him and Choyun to turn to face the group.

Choyun isn't particularly "friends" with anyone in the group. In fact, she barely consider Donghyuck more than a stranger who constantly comes up to her. She just often runs into the group and has held small talk with all of them.

"Uh, yeah. I'm on my way. Talk to you later Cho-Cho?"

"Don't call me that!" Choyun shouts, but it was already too late. Hyuck had already disappeared with his group.

Choyun rolls her eyes and turns back to re-open her locker.

"Hello~ nerdy bird."