Questions and Answers

Monday, November 16, 2020

00' Line sit down in the cafeteria (canteen) at the seats they always do. Only difference today is, Choyun isn't their. She's sitting across the cafeteria, alone.

The boys quietly eat their food, Jeno and Jaemin trying to take in the information Donghyuck gave them earlier.

"So... you two were fake dating the whole time?" Jeno ask.

Renjun places down his food. "Yeah, it's a long story but the main issue is, I can't seem to figure out why she broke up with me... "

"Why do you care if it was just fake?" Jeno questions making Renjun look down and stay quiet.

Jaemin chuckles. " I think I know why she broke up with you, it's because she likes you."

"What? There's no way she likes me! And even if she does, that would make no since as to why we'd break up."

"Yeah, come on Jaemin, of course she doesn't like Renjun! She was probably only using him to make Jaesuk jealous, look, there they are now!"

All the boys turn to see Choyun and Jaesuk sitting right next to each other.

From Choyun's p.o.v. she was just scrolling through social media to distract her from having no one to talk with, when Jaesuk comes up out of no where and sits in one of the many empty chairs next to her.

"Nope. Nope. Not today." Choyun grabs her tray, quickly standing up.

"No! Wait, just hear me out."

"We're not doing this again Suk."

"But- awww! You just called me Suk." Choyun gives him a death glare, her eyebrows moving closer together. Jaesuk fearfully gulps. "Just sit down for a minute."

Choyun drops her tray on the table and sits facing Jaesuk.

"Okay. So I heard that you and Renjun have recently broken up." Jaesuk begins, making Choyun loudly exhale and look down. "And that's probably really hard for you, I would know... but I don't want your money to be wasted so-"

"Wasted money? What are you on about?"

"Well I don't want your tickets to go to waste."

"Tickets?"

"For the dance."

"Dance?"

"You and Renjun weren't planning to go to the Autumn dance tomorrow before you broke up?"

'No.' Choyun thinks to herself. 'We weren't the type of couple to pay attention to stuff like that.'

Jaesuk notices her not giving a response and just continues. "I want to take you to the dance. Not like a date! Just to, you know, get your mind off of things. I know I haven't treated you the best in the past but I miss our friendship. Can we at least take a chance on that?"

Choyun ponders. Maybe she does need to take her mind off of Renjun. Although being with Jaesuk isn't ideal, she really needs an excuse to get out of the house more, since she no longer has tennis.

She glances towards the Dreamies table to see Renjun looking at her before looking away.

'There's no way he'll be there.' She thinks to herself.

"Sure, I'll go to the dance with you Jaesuk."

The Dreamies stop observing the two and Hyuck taps on Renjun's shoulder.

"Now I can't read lips, but I'm pretty sure she said something about going to the dance with you. Well not you, Jaesuk." He says with a smile, oblivious to Renjun's feelings.

Renjun didn't fully understand how he felt himself. The best word would be, conflicted.

"Maybe we should go, for no reason in particular." Jeno shrugs, side eyeing Renjun.

"I don't really want t-"

"Yeah, let's go to the dance!" Jaemin interrupts Renjun, Donghyuck agreeing.