Chapter 3

"Hey! Pay attention." Jinhong scolded.

"I am, I am. I'm just texting a friend about studying."

"You can text them after we finish studying. This is a big exam for us."

Hongjoong, attention still on the electronic device in his hand, just nodded as he kept typing.

"Hongjoong."

"Hm?"

"Hongjoong!" Jinhong tried again, wanting the other to look at him. But, no luck. The older teen sighed, giving up. "I'm going to get something to drink before we continue," he told Seonghwa before walking towards the semi short line.

The three teens shared math together and agreed to study, since they all seemed to balance one another out. Hongjoong's strengths in math was Seonghwa's weaknesses, and Seonghwa's strength was Jinhong's weakness. And if haven't guessed it, Jinhong's strength was Hongjoong's weakness.

With that being so, it just seemed obvious for them to get together and help one another. At least, that would be the plan if everyone was focused.

It wasn't as if he wasn't doing the work. He had solved half the problems. And the ones not completed, he hasn't even glanced at yet.

"Joong you need to pay attention."

He just nodded.

Seonghwa sighed before poking the other's arm with a pencil. The younger tore his attention away from his phone for a split second.

By the way his eyes twinkled, Seonghwa knew what had the other distracted. Or rather, who.

"So, Kyungmi huh?" Seonghwa asked, Hongjoong quickly turning his head at the sound of his crush's name.

"What about her?"

The older chuckled. "Pretty clear you have a crush on her."

Hongjoong sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Is it that obvious?"

"I wouldn't say obvious," Seonghwa paused. "Just if one were trying to figure out who you like, it wouldn't be hard to."

"It's not like it matters anyways."

Seonghwa tilted his head, eyebrow raised. "Why not?"

He knew what the other was getting at, but wanted to hear Hongjoong's own mouth say it.

"If you can see my crush on her, then you've obviously seen hers on Yeosang."

"Or maybe she's just having you all think it's Yeosang? Couldn't he just be her soulmate, if anything?"

Hongjoong shook his head as he finished highlighting something he assumed was of importance. "I've been friends with her and Mingi for ten years now. The day we met him, San and Wooyoung, it was so clear that even her mother saw."

The older eyed him with a slight nod. He just felt something so off with this entire situation between the five friends.

He had to find out more. More so, needed to know more.

"When did you start crushing on her?"

"Why?"

The older shrugged. "Just curious."

Hongjoong, still bewildered, told the story anyways.

The story about the day he caught the younger teen dancing in her living room. Hongjoong and Mingi were hanging outside, the two putting off the tutoring session as long as possible. Perks of having a friend tutor you, right? On the other hand, already finished with her homework, Kyungmi was in the living room learning the dance to Fly To The Sky's Sea of Love.