Chapter 10

Kyungmi and Yeosang were still in the middle of the game when the latter was abruptly pulled from his seat. Seonghwa pushed the teen towards where the rest of their friends were.

"They need your help coming up with an excuse." The eldest explained leading Yeosang to sigh and join them. "And you, they told me you have to get all the decorations and gifts in the room."

"I don't even have the gifts though."

"They're in my car. I just need to know where you want me to place them."

Now Kyungmi sighed, although nodded. "Alright. Um, just place them in the hallway to the room. Where are they right now?"

"Everyone's in the living room. Wooyoung and San are currently playing as the rest talk though."

"Long as they're distracted then it should be easy sneaking the gifts by them." She closed the laptop and stretched, her body ready to rush through the last plan of the night.

"And if need be, I'll ask one of them to help. But I'm gonna go grab them now." The eldest said, grabbing his keys from where he left them on the table. He double checked on their friends before going out to his car.

Meanwhile Kyungmi ran towards the room and immediately began to pick up. It wasn't necessarily a mess. But as far as Mingi knew, the room has been untouched for years and she wanted to keep it that way.

So badly that she started opening the decorations without waiting for the other teen. Actually, she never even heard him walk in. The younger teen had not only brought the gifts into the room, but also placed them in a corner.

"Hey, what's this?" Wooyoung found a half-painted canvas in the corner of the room.

Kyungmi turned from her spot on the floor. Her eyes widen. She rushed over to the painting and quickly hid it behind her back. "Nothing!"

Wooyoung leaned to the side to try and get a peek. The sides of the canvas were sticking out but he was curious on the main focus on the artwork.

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

She stayed still, keeping her words short and firm. "It is."

Wooyoung held in hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright." He walked away, only showing her further he meant his words.

Letting out a breath, she walked over towards the closet. The teen carefully placed the art on top of her previous works. She shut the door and leaned against it. "It's something I've been working on."

Her confession was so quiet the younger nearly missed it.

"I didn't know you paint."

"No one does besides my mom. It's something I started whenㅡ...nevermind." Kyungmi sat next to him.

"Is that why you got all nervous during dinner?" He could tell she thought he was referring to her abrupt exit, so he clarified. "When Mingi brought up this room?"

She nodded. "My parents created this room for me when I was about five... six, maybe. Mingi thinks it's just a spare room we have since usually all my supplies are hidden away somewhere."

"How come you've never shown us?"

Kyungmi shrugged, slightly embarrassed with her secret being known. "I'm not all that great. It's just a hobby, if anything."

"Great artwork doesn't always mean the most complicated. The best artwork is one that expresses the artist's intentions behind it," the younger pointed out. He may not have been an 'artist' but art came in various forms. Wooyoung always believed, no matter the art, as long as the message is there then one should be proud of their work.