Chapter 21

Seonghwa knew the group for about five months now, yet still couldn't understand the way their energy switched so easily.

As soon as they got to his family cabin it's like all their energy disappeared. That, or they were surprised by the beauty surrounding the eldest's second home.

From the driveway, one could easily reach the lake. Just run down the gravel path and there was the sand and water. Or, exit through the side door in the living room that led to the deck. And off to the side of the deck were steps that led to a grassy area with a bonfire setup. Even with all that, the one thing that caught the youngest Song's attention was the bench situated just a little before where the grass met the sand.

The boys were amazed by the inside of the cabin. The spacious living room. The number of rooms. If they wanted to, most of the teens could get their own room. Really, the boys were in love with Seonghwa's cabin and were starting to plot a way to never leave.

"You can all just put your bags in the living room for now and look around." Seonghwa told them as he walked into the kitchen, not expecting to be followed.

"Do you need any help?"

The eldest turned to see all seven teens standing there. "No, it's fine. Go and relax for now."

They were hesitant, wondering if this was actually a test or not. The seven looked at one another before Jongho gestured for them to go on. "I'll stay since I know you have a lot to do."

"Fine, only you. The rest out." Seonghwa shooed as the youngest pushed the group of six out the kitchen, with minimal protest coming from them.

"I can't believe they just kicked us out!"

"As if you were actually going to help," Mingi retorted. Kyungmi went to kick his leg but got stopped by Yeosang.

"Behave."

"You're no fun!" She huffed with her arms crossed and sat on the couch. "Can't fight with Wooyoung. Won't let me kick my brother," she grumbled.

Yeosang laughed. "You'll get over it."

Kyungmi shook her head while mocking him. So many thoughts were running through his mind, but he sighed instead. "You're too much likeㅡ" Yeosang stopped himself.

"Has anyone noticed how empty today's slightly felt though?" Yunho suddenly asked, hoping to change the topic. He knew who Yeosang had in mind and what would happen next.

"How so?" Mingi didn't know where his boyfriend was going with that question.

"I mean since we are missingㅡ"

"Nope. Seems fine to me."

San shot her a warning look from the floor. Yeosang noticed but was confused as to why. "Kyuㅡ"

"What? He didn't want to be here. So no, today doesn't feel empty without him." And though she was hurt by his message, she no longer cared. She wasn't going to allow him to ruin her and her brother's birthday celebration. She's allowed him to cause enough pain the past couple weeks, and today would be an exception.

"Is that how you truly feel?"

"How else do you want me to feel?" The teen was growing annoyed. She tried not to let it show though.

"I...well, I don't know."

"Exactly. I'm assuming you all invited him, right?" She didn't wait for any of them to confirm or not. "And he decided not to show. So, it's whatever."

"Kyukyuㅡ"

"Min, stop. Seriously I'm fine. It's alright if you all feel weird with him not here. But stop expecting the same from me."