Chapter 9

Friday quickly arrived.

Excitement flowed through students and teachers alike. Everyone was ready for their summer break. The moment the last bell rung, the halls were flooded with students rushing to exit. Classrooms filled with teachers collecting the last works they may have over the vacation.

As for the group of friends they went in a rush. Not yet at least.

Tonight was the night for their small surprise party for San.

During lunch Yeosang made sure to bring up the topic of their past sleepovers in the most nonchalant way as possible. His mind was still going crazy over his interaction with San from the other day. So, he was feeling double the nerves.

San didn't expect anything though. He got as excited as Mingi and Wooyoung had when they found out. His younger brother, however, couldn't stop nervously glancing around the table. Jongho had mentally prepared himself to jump across the table if need be to keep the actual surprise a secret.

Kyungmi though wasn't affected with any worries. She knew the night would go well, and any second guessing would only worsen things. So, she stayed calm and collected throughout the last school day, just being her casual self, repeating the plan.

The agreement was for everyone to arrive at the Songs' house around 5 to 5:30 p.m., allowing the twins time to clean and the boys get everything they needed to spend the night.

At the end of the day, they all met up by Yeosang's car. And by all, it was everyone except San and Wooyoung who were running late. The seven teens went over the plans once again, double checking they had everything set.

To past time, Mingi and Kyungmi decided to play a few games on their own. Eventually becoming so immersed they blocked the outside world from their minds.

~❁~

The boys arrived around the same time, Seonghwa being the first and Yunho only a few moments after. Hongjoong was the next to arrive and see the two other teens casually talking in the driveway. And only a few minutes later did the other four arrive together. Yeosang opted to bring Wooyoung and the Choi brothers not trusting his nest friend to keep the surprise a secret.

San found it suspicious the way the three eldest were just conversing instead of being inside. He decided to ignore it though and instead grabbed his bag before heading to the front door.

Now aware of San's movements, the rest of the teens panicked. Worried the twins weren't done yet. The boys grabbed their belongings and quickly followed behind San who had just opened the door.

Which wasn't uncommon. They've reached the point in their friendship where knocking wasn't necessary. Actually, Seonghwa, Jongho and Yeosang were the only ones who still did.

In a rush to keep the 'party' under wraps, Yunho tried to loudly announce their arrival. Though again, the twins were in their own world.

"We'reㅡ"

"Name five pets owned by kpop idols in the same groㅡ"

"Kkoming, Melo, Ddangkoming, Ddangkomaeng and Koongie!"

"Hold on...kkoming and ddanggkoming??" Mingi asked, clearly suspicious with how close the two names were.

"Yes!! One's a turtle and the other's a dog. Ddanggkoma is the other turtle."

The boys were confused by the twins' conversation. They just stood behind the couch, watching them go back and forth, trying to figure out what was even going on. Well, all but one.