Chapter 7

Mingi and Seonghwa managed to get a gift for San by the end of their shopping trip. Kyungmi had a few ideas in mind but needed to check with the others first. Bright side, Mingi started talking to the younger twin more. Only a few words. Still more than she expected making the car ride back a better experience.

That was it though.

Moment they arrived home, the two separated into their own rooms. They did their homework then hung out waiting for dinner to be done. Which even then there still wasn't much chatter amongst them. Their parents shared glances every now and then, having agreed earlier in the day to not get involved and let the twins work it out.

Late night time soon fell.

Stars slowly appearing, one by one illuminating the dark blue sky that was once filled with light pinks, oranges and yellows of summer. Kyungmi sat on the kitchen counter, legs swinging, while waiting for the batch of cupcakes to finish in the oven.

She stared out the window, enjoying a small container of frosting. A soft hum filled the kitchen as she got lost in her own little world. Till the sound of footsteps alarmed her and only grew louder. The moment she turned to see who it was, a figure emerged from the corner with a loud scream coming from both twins.

"What are you doing up?" Mingi whisper-scolded his sister.

"Baking cupcakes for San." Her legs continued swinging. Another spoonful of frosting entered her mouth. Mingi, too tired and only half awake, chose not to question it. "His birthday. Remember?"

"Oh, right."

"You?"

"Lots on the mind." He grabbed a water bottle and sat beside her. "If I ask you something, you'll answer honestly right?"

Her eyebrows furrowed, the younger twin bewildered by her brother's sudden question. "Always."

"You're not dating Hongjoong right?"

"What?" Kyungmi blinked a few times, trying to process what she just heard. "No! No. Minnie, if I had a boyfriend you'd be the first to know."

All his worries from the past day seemed to have disappeared. Until another question came to mind. "Do you have a crush on someone then?"

Kyungmi nodded. "Yeah. Not many know about it though. Least I don't think they do."

"Will you ever tell me?"

"I will. Just hard for me to say it," she admitted. "But you'll know soon."

Mingi accepted her answer. He wasn't going to force her to tell if she wasn't ready. As long as he knew she would eventually tell him was good enough. Things started to feel right again, until Kyungmi opened her mouth.

"Is that why you were ignoring me? Did you think I was hiding something from you?"

"Yeah. Just it snowballed into something bigger in my head and I got worried." He admitted, taking another sip of his water afterwards.

A small smile appeared. Kyungmi leaned to the side and hugged the older twin. "You'll always be the one to know everything. I promise."

The timer on the oven went off. Kyungmi hopped off the counter and pulled the cupcakes out with the oven mitt, placing them on the counter. She went over to the cabinet that held the baking ingredients and grabbed a couple more frosting containers.

During that time, the cupcakes cooled off and Mingi finished his water. Kyungmi took the cupcakes out the tins and turned to her brother. "Just going to sit there or are you going to help?"