Chapter 23

2am.

Well, a little after that.

Kyungmi had woke up with the memories of what happened in the past 24 hours hitting her all at once. The teen wasn't prepared to be overwhelmed with the pain all over again.

She needed out the room.

Fortunately, somewhere along the night her brother and his boyfriend ended up cuddling one another instead, allowing her the chance to leave. All she had to do was get past the sleeping teens on the beanbags, which wasn't so difficult. The teen slowly stepped over their sprawled out limbs and left the room.

The next twenty minutes were spent leaning against the island countertop. At some point during that time, she was eating her hidden stash of candy but quickly became sick of the sweets. Kyungmi pushed the bags off to the side, her eyes watching the scenery happening beyond her kitchen window.

"You're up early," a voice said startling her.

She jumped, turning around, only to spot a blanket-wrapped Yeosang wearing a beanie with his messy bed hair sticking out in various spots.

"Can say the same for you. What are you doing up?"

"Couldn't sleep. Too much on the mind," the older admitted. "You?"

"Can't sleep too. But don't know why."

He simply nodded and looked around the kitchen. "Wanna go for a drive?" He offered, already swinging his key in hand.

"You mean watch you late night skate?" She countered with a tired giggle. "Sure."

"Great! Grab your jacket and meet me outside." He beamed and left the house still in the blanket.

Kyungmi did as he said, also putting her shoes on, and left a note for her brother. It wouldn't be long before he woke upon sensing her nowhere near. Their twin telepathy had always been on another level.

Yeosang, and his guilt, questioned her for most of the drive. Except this time, she had to try persuading the older he wasn't at fault for her 'disappearance', but she wouldn't yet admit the actual culprit. She was still trying to understand it all herself and at the moment didn't want him occupying her mind.

After a while, they found a nice quiet street. Very few houses had lights on, majority of families still fast asleep. Although, it wasn't like they'd be near anyone's house, the teens were planning to be in the street. And, Yeosang parked near the soccer field anyways.

The younger of the two sat on the curb and watched the older take off. She brought a few small bags of gummy bears to keep her awake. Which weren't needed much as watching Yeosang alone was enough to keep anyone awake. Forgetting about all feelings towards him, the fear of him injuring himself after every constant brag he made over a new trick gave her enough power to keep her eyes open. It helped that the teen looked so natural and in his element. As if this was what he's meant to be doing.

"You're awfully quiet," she said nudging Yeosang. The teen sat beside her to take a break, although he quickly started daydreaming. He absent-mindedly hummed in response. So, she nudged him again. "What are you thinking about?"

"San." He simply answered.

His response having more meaning than one behind it. Kyungmi recognized all of them too.

"I know." She softly laughed at his reaction.

"Know what?" He hesitantly asked.

"Sangie, I'm not blind." She recognized the fear in his eyes as one she's experienced before. "Nobody else does though. Not that I know of at least, but I had my suspicions."