Chapter 17

Wednesday half killed the younger Song due to the birthday gift she was helping the girls put together.

With the first of August arriving the next day, she was ecstatic to have the house to herself for most of the day. Her dad had his usual work hours, Mingi would be prepping with Yunho and her mom wouldn't be home until a little after 6pm. All which meant she'd be able to comfortably sleep in, with no disturbances.

That's what she at least had planned.

Unfortunately, it was ruined around 10:42am when a knock on the door awoken her from her slumber. On most days, she would try looking presentable but today wasn't most days.

Today she put her hoodie on, pulled at the drawstrings and answered the door, hoping the swelling in her face wasn't too noticable. If only beforehand she knew the person on the other side of the door didn't care for her looks. He was more worried over her well-being.

"Woo?" She was surprised to see the younger teen alone at her front door. "What are you doing here?"

"Figured we make something simple for lunch together." He offered, holding the bag in his right hand up for her to see all the ingredients for pizza in the bag.

"Oh..uh, wow. I thought you would've been busy with the rest of the guys today."

"Well San and Jongho are out, spending some time together. Seonghwa is dealing with some counsel meeting again, think it's about something with the upcoming dance."

"And Sangie?" She asked, curious to why the other wasn't with the older teen.

"Not sure. I tried calling him twice when I first woke up and got nothing. So, he must be sleeping in. No clue where Yun and Min are though." Wooyoung was now more speaking his thoughts out to himself than her.

"They're at the studio, reviewing as they do," Kyungmi told him. "Group dances next week for them."

"Oh yeah! Big day right?" She nodded. He wasn't sure if she completely understood he was also referring to the twins' birthday. "Anyways, can I cone in?"

"What? Sorry, yeah. Come in on." She finally managed to say and stood to the side as he walked in. She closed the door as something in his other hand caught her attention. "What's in there?"

"A treat for you." Kyungmi followed him into the kitchen and watched as he placed the bag filled with ingredients on the island. The other bag still hung by his side. "Milk." He said, as the only hint for her.

"Strawberry? Banana?" She asked trying to peek over the island to catch sight into the bag.

"Both." He held up the bag, which contained three bottles of both flavors for her. Her face immediately reminded him of one a child shows the day of their birthday.

Pure joy.

"Really?"

"Yes. First thing I picked out at the store," he said. Wooyoung stashed the bottles, still in the bag, on the bottom shelf and the packages of cheese on the top. "Now shall we use the premade dough or make our own?"

The older was up for a challenge. Anything to keep her mind distracted for a couple hours.

"Let's try to make our own."

~❁~

"You better not be laughing."

"I'm not." Though it was very clear she was. Or at least trying not to.

The plan to make their own dough was going well. They followed every step correctly. The dough rose just right. Really, they were shocked within themselves over how well they were doing.