Chapter Fifteen

School had started Monday, (it's now Wednesday) and my fucking God, I swear everyone got a sack of bitchiness from Santa because that's all I got from pretty much everyone, even the teachers.

Mum had confirmed, she was having yet another set of twins, but we were all still happy for her and they were both healthy.

I was sat cross legged on my bed listening to My Chemical Romance when Evan knocked on my door and walked in. I looked up at him as he walked over and sat next to me on the bed.

"How ya doing squirt?" He asked, looking at the pad I was writing on. I blushed and pulled it away from him.

"Evan, can I ask you something?" I asked, looking up at him.

"You just did Sly, but you can ask something else he chuckled. I smiled at hime, but didn't laugh.

"Well, you always seem so strong and stuff, but I heard you crying in the bathroom the other night, after you were out most of the day but wouldn't tell us where you were, The I sort of realised, we don't really know you. Like, you obviously know about what's happened withmum, dad and everything, everyone's past, but we don't know yours. You never speak about any brothers or sisters, or even about your parents, and it's kinda got me thinking the last couple days." I muttered quickly. Evans face darkened, and he looked away.

"I-I'm sorry." I said, he gave me half hearted smiled.

"It's ok, I guess you would be curious, but no, my past isn't happy, it's not sunshine and rainbows. My past is broken, a lot like yours." He said, his eyes turning glassy immediately.

"What happened Evan?" I asked curiously. He looked at me, and sighed.

"You don't have to tell me!" I rushed. He just chuckled and shook his head.

"It's fine, I guess you of all people deserve to be told. basically, for the first years of my life, everything was good, everything was great, I had my mum, my dad, my brother, my sister, we had money, we were all happy, but things changed quickly. I was around 5, my sister was 4 and my brother was 9, mum and dad started arguing and dad got aggressive. It was never in daylight, or when we were around, but you could hear them at night when they thought we were asleep. Me and Alyssa would creep into Toby's room and he'd hold us while we cried. That continued for nearly three years, so I was 8, Toby 12 and Alyssa 7, mum and dad had a massive row. We were in the garden, and I looked up just to see my dad walk over and hit my mum. She shouted and stormed upstairs. I could hear every word, they were that loud, dad was still shouting, he was at the bottom of the stairs. A few minutes later my mum came down, her bags in her hands, she pushed my dad away and walked out the door, she didn't even say goodbye, she just left and I never saw her again. Dad started drinking heavily, and would often do drugs, he constantly had bitchy prostitutes over. He became neglectful and abusive. He would hit us when he was mad, he would throw bottles at us, burn us with his cigarettes. I remember once he was so drunk and high at the same time, h-he used a belt, and he beat me with it, and Toby, because Toby stopped him, and we both refused to let him near Alyssa. She became scared of men, she would only trust us, she would refuse to go to any classes that had male teachers in them, if a boy even got close to her she would run away because she was scared, and that's the way it carried on for years. Toby would work to provide us with money for food, whilst he was working I would look after Alyssa, cook for her, help her with her home work, make sure she went to sleep. Soon it became too much for Toby, when he was 12 he started to become depressed, I was shocked I hadn't noticed, I mean, he hadn't been him. When he was around 15 he committed suicide, hung himself from the tree out in the yard. Police weren't so good then, they left us with him, he made them think it had something to do with bullying at school, by then, he got even worse. He started blaming me for Mum and Toby's death. My grades at school started slipping, I was getting into fights, I was losing myself, but the only person I truly cared for was Alyssa, when I was 18 I bought an apartment and Alyssa moved in with me, we were both living together. We were still a bit shook from dad. But when I first started school, a week after Toby's death, I met your mum. She was kind to me, she cared for me, she helped me through everything, gave me advice, she started to keep me away from fights, helped me with Alyssa. I started to fall for her. I came to my twenties, Alyssa died in a car accident, she got hit on the drivers side by a drunk driver, but not just any drunk driver, it was our dad. He was let off with a warning and let free, then he died of drug overdose. That's when I began to lose it, I had no family left, all I had was your mum, but then she found a boyfriend, then she said she had to leave. Whenever I saw her in the streets, she would have a bruise or something or she would be limping. I saw her and finally got the courage to talk to her, and she told me what was going on, and I helped her out just like she had helped me, I got into a few fights with your dad and Eventually he left. Honestly, if it wasn't for your mother, I would honestly be buried along with Alyssa and Toby." He replied, a tear snaking it's way down his face. I was shocked and pulled him in for a hug. He hugged back.