Chapter Eight

Mum gently shook me awake.

"You ready to go back to school?" She asked me gently.

"Nope." I replied bluntly, burying my face back into my pillow. I was still too tired, I hardly got any sleep last night.

"You don't have to go back if you don't want to." Mum told me. I shook my head.

"It's fine. I have to go back eventually." I sighed, gently rolling over and pushing myself up. My ribs were hurting like a bitch this morning.

"Get dressed, I'll get your painkillers ready downstairs, ok?" She asked me. I nodded as she got up and walked out, shutting the door gently behind her.

I got up and then went to my closet, looking at all my clothes, trying to decide what to wear.

Grabbing some clothes I locked myself in the bathroom, throwing on the clothes. I had found; a grey Pierce The Veil pull over, dark blue skinny jeans, and my grey vans.

I then brushed my hair, making sure it covered the gash and stuck a black beanie on, the purple one not looking good with the blue in my hair. I also put on my black cat necklace, a black skull earring in my left ear and a black taper in my right ear.

I then did my usual make up, putting concealer on my fading bruises. I then grabbed my school bag, shoved my iPod, inhaler and phone away and went downstairs.

Everyone was sat around the table, all chatting quietly and eating their breakfast. Mum had left a coffee and my painkillers between Seth and Riley, so I sat down and immediately swallowed them.

"Do you want something to eat Sky?" Mum asked me. I looked around at everyone eating either toast or cereal and shook my head.

"No thanks." I replied, drinking my coffee, the warmth of the mug warming my freezing cold hands.

"You sure Hun? You'll need the energy." Mum told me.

"I'm sure mum, I'll be fine." I lightly chuckled, finishing the last of my coffee.

"Do you want me to drive you guys in?" Evan asked. I nodded, not really looking at him though.

I know it's stupid going back to school when it was a Friday, but at least I'll have the weekend if today goes bad.

"Ok then, let's go." Evan yawned as he stood up, finishing off his last piece of toast. He kissed mum on the cheek before going to find his car keys. I grabbed the lunch that mum had made me, shoving it in my bag before hugging everyone goodbye and following Evan to his car.

The drive to school was completely silent. Not even the radio was on. I looked out the window as Evan drove, engulfed in my own thoughts. Am I even ready to go back to school? What if Emily and her clique start as soon as I walk through the doors? What about people staring?

Before I could answer any of my questions and ask if Evan could turn back round, he had pulled up to the school. I swallowed uneasily, looking up at the large building as teenagers went in and hung about outside, waiting and greeting friends.

"I'll pick you all up after school, but if there's any problems, text either me or your mother, ok?" Evan told us. I nodded as I got out the car.

I felt my knees begin to shake and my palms begin to go sweaty with anxiety as I felt eyes on me. I looked down at the ground then suddenly felt a hand interlace with mine. I looked next to me to see Seth.

"Don't worry princess, I'm right here." He whispered with a smile, tugging me along slightly. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach when he called me princess.