The Action Plan

The next morning, I stood in the sentry station, taking my shift. I yawn into my hand, as I had just got up. No coffee, no nothing. I was getting pretty sick of the taste anyway. Too bad none of those supplies we grabbed had anything to add to it. Hey, at least there was a granola bar. Closest thing to having breakfast.
How long do these bars last for?
I look at the back of the wrapper, and immediatley spit out the mouthful I had taken.
I tossed the rest of it over the wall and put the wrapper into my pocket.
Sure its the apocolypse, but I'm not a littering asshole.

Out from the trees, a walker shows up. Only one though. The rest must be drawn towards the gunfire from yesterday. Makes my job easier I guess.
I stand up from the wooden chair and pick up the bow that was beside me. I slip the arrow in, draw it back and fire. The arrow fell short, landing infront of the walkers feet.
I've come to learn that I'm a really shit shot with these things.

The walker jumped back when the arrow landed. Wait, was that a walker? It looked like a walker, but it acted more like a human. Looking closer, it appeared to be a person wearing walker skin. What the fuck?
And out from the trees comes... Clementine?

I lower the bow in confusion, then drop it as soon as I see AJ in her arms. He looks like he's in bad shape.

"Violet! Louis! They're back!" I call out.

I hop down from the senty station and look out the gate. Louis comes outside and stands beside me, hands on his hips, giving them a judgemental look.

"Are you gonna let them in?"

He doesnt say anything. He just looks at them. Clementine falls to her knees, her arms trembling. Louis' face turns to concern, and he rushes out the gate. I follow behind.

Getting closer, I could see what was wrong with AJ. He had bullet wounds near his stomach.

"Shit." Louis crouches down. "Is he...?"

"He's alive." Clementine says. "He was shot. He's got a fever."

"Come on, lets get him inside." Louis says.

"I can't."

Louis takes AJ from her arms, and starts to head back inside.

She stands up, unsteadily.

"You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, fine..."

She takes a step forward and stumbles. I catch her before she could fall.

"Here, lean on me." I offer.

She throws her arm over my shoulder and leans in. We follow behind Louis.

AJ lets out a groan of pain in Louis' arms.

"Its okay, buddy." Louis says. "I got you."

I look behind us, and the guy from earlier was gone. Whatever. We had bigger fish to fry.

We go up the steps to the main building, and Clementine lets go of me, now able to walk steadily. I open the door for Louis and we walk inside. Everyone was waiting.

Louis goes to Ruby and she inspects AJ.

"I have what I need upstairs, come on."

"We got the shrapnel out of him." Clementine says as we walk up the stairs.

"We?" Ruby asks.

"Its a long story."

Louis sets AJ down on a couch beside all of Ruby's stuff.
Ruby places a hand on his forehead.

"He's running a fever. Bodies tryna fight off an infection, poor little guy."

She starts to check AJ's wounds, Louis standing beside her, looking worried.