The Bridge

We finally arrive at the bridge. The entire thing was wooden, with a roof and walls. In the middle was an old truck, stationed horizontally across the bridge. The bridge looked fine, but from how the wood creaked in the wind, everyone wasnt feeling very confident in it.

"Okay. Just take your time and keep moving forward." Clem says.

We start crossing as lightly as possible. The wood felt like it was going to collapse beneath me, but I kept moving. Once I was over the truck, a new problem had emerged. Part of the bridge had broken and fell into the river below, making a big gap between us and the exit. Looking down the gap, I'm met with quite the drop, along with a fast stream of water. Not to mention pointy rocks, just to top it off.

"Great. What now?" I ask.

Clem looks down at the drop, then at the other end.

"We'll have to jump." She says.

"I was afraid you might say that." I sigh.

"Its the only option we have."

The others come over the truck and look down as well.

"Thats far." AJ says.

"Really far." Tenn adds.

"I think we can jump." Louis puts his hands on his hips confidently.

I was beginning to wonder if he faked his fear of heights earlier to get out of climbing the tree.

"We just got to be careful not to--"

Clem was cut off by a voice behind us, at the other end of the bridge. They were singing.

"Never mind the darkness..."

Their voice was pretty, but this wasn't really the situation to enjoy it.

"Never mind the storm..."

A chill runs down my spine as I begin to recognise what song it was. The one Louis played on the piano for us.

"Never mind the blood red moon..."

An even bigger chill runs down my spine as I recognise who the voice belongs to.

"The night will be over soon..."

"Minnie?" Tenn takes a step forward.

He tenses as he hears the growls of walkers behind her.

"I did it! I found you! Oh Tenn..." She says breathlessly, walking towards the bridge.

She sounds like she's come fully undone. With what she's been through, and what she's done, anyone would.

"My sweet little brother... Come with me."

He takes a step back and shakes his head in shock.

"You're dying."

She smiles.

"Yes! Yes I am!" She sounds happy. "I'm finally going some place better! I want you there with me."

"W-where everyone gets to be a person again..." He looks at the floor.

The moonlight hits Minnie's face, showing the chunk of flesh missing from her cheek. Her hair was covered in walker flesh, and so were her clothes. The thing that stood out the most were her bright blue eyes, shining in the moonlight.

"We're gonna be with Mom, and Dad, and Sophie. Together. It wont be real if you're not there."

He takes a couple of steps towards her.

Clem leans forward, trying to get his attention.

"Tenn, look at me. I know that looks like her, but your sister is gone."