Clementine's Time Of Need

After a few minutes of running and panicked thoughts, AJ shouts in the distance.
I could see him, standing with the knife as walkers swarmed around him. I take out the pistol while keeping up the same pace. A walker was coming up behind him and AJ wasnt paying attention.
I mentally curse myself to speed up, branches hitting my face as I pass them.

The walker grabs AJ by his shoulders and leans down towards his neck and opens its mouth. It chomps down, and its teeth clack as it bites the air. It was being held back by its loose strands of hair. I pull it to the floor then put a bullet through its skull.
I take out the empty magazine and pocket it, then load the second one.

"Here." I hand it to AJ. "This is more your style."

He takes it and shoots a couple of walkers.

"Hey, thats the last mag. Make it count." I te him.

He nods, then takes out the knife again.

There was an entire horde surrounding what appeared to be a small abandoned barn. They all must've come from last night. It seemed everytime one died, two more came out of the woods. Despite my swiftness and AJ's impressive marksmanship, we'd soon be overun.

"We need to get to Clem! Quick!" AJ shouts.

"Where is she?"

"Inside!"

The door to the barn had several walkers banging on it, trying to get in. We'd have to clear the way first. From what AJ's been saying and how he's been acting, Clem needs urgent help.

"AJ! Stay behind me while I move towards the barn. Cover my back."

He runs up to me, just barely dodging a walker trying to grab him. With AJ close, I start moving towards the barn, kicking and killing walkers in the way.

"You alright back there?" I ask.

"There's a lot of monsters!" He says.

"Just stay focused on the ones infront of you. I'll take care of--"

I immediatley eat my own words as a walker snuck up beside me and grabbed my knife arm. It goes down for a bite, so I punch it right before it could. It still held on so I tried to hold it back. It was a heavy walker, hard to overpower. It got closer and closer, until--

Bang.

AJ's shot hits the walker in the forehead, dead in the middle. The walker falls forward and I move out of the way as it hits the ground.

"Thanks."

"Keep going!" He shouts.

We make it to the door, and we only a small window of time before the other walkers caught up. AJ shot three walkers at the door. I run up to one and smash its head into the wall and stab the other through the chin, then pierce the skull of the one I smashed. I let go and it falls to its knees.

I grab hold of the door handle, expecting it to be locked or to put up a fight, but it opens without restraint.

"AJ, get in!" I tell him.

He rushes underneath my arm and I slam the door shut, hay flying into air from the impact. AJ quickly grabs a rake and puts it through the handles, jamming it. I let out a sigh of relief as I rest my head against the door.

"That was close."

I turn around, and see something I wont soon forget. AJ kneeled next to Clementine, holding her hand. And Clementine... well, I'm surprised she was still alive. Her leg had been severed, laying there in a pool, inches away from where it should be attached. All colour had left her face, and her eyes were having a hard time staying open.