And So It Ends...

A few weeks pass, and everyone was getting back into the rythm of things. The school was being cleaned up and repaired after our night with the raiders. Blood being washed away and bodies being removed. There'll always be those faint stains, reminding us off what happened.
I tried my hand at repairing the banistor of the office balcony. It wasnt the greatest looking thing, but it was safe and sturdy. I even made a hitching post for the horse. Other repairs had to go on like the school gate. The raiders had busted the lock and one of the gates hinges was coming loose. The bars were bent out of shape too. Once that and a few other things were fixed, it was back to how things were.

Omar had an idea on how to keep out unwanted visitors. Since Abel was in the basement rotting away, and no one really wanted to bother digging him a hole, I had dragged him out of the basement and dropped him in front of a tree, just by the path to the schools entrance. Omar came out with a sign, with the words "Don't Fuck With Us" written on it. Willy's idea. As I wrapped rope around Abel and the tree, Omar hammered the sign into the dirt beside me.

Aasim and Ruby had returned from checking the traps, Aasim having three rabbits hanging over his shoulder. Ruby held out her hand and Aasim took it with a smile, as they walked back inside. Ruby had gotten what she wanted, and so had Aasim. And it didn't start over a stupid game of truth or dare. Well, maybe it gave them a little push. It was Ruby who confessed. She told him as soon as she got the chance, and Aasim had never looked so surprised in his life.

AJ was crossing the bridge with a bucket in hand. He had gone to the stream to collect more fish for tonights meal. Rosie followed behind him, sniffing at the fish inside. I give him a small wave and he smiles with a nod back. Seeing AJ happy again made us all happy. The kid has a smile that could light up a room. And seeing Rosie out and about wagging her tail instead of sitting infront of Marlon's grave had the same effect.

Omar finished with the sign, and I gave the rope one last hard tug before tieing it in a knot. Not that I was afraid he was going to get up and walk away. Clementine made sure of that. We walked back with the others inside, Willy climbing down from a tree after reseting a rock trap. Louis stood at the sentry station, waving us all inside along with his signature charismatic smile.

Seeing the school back to the way it used to be, was heartwarming. Well, except for the barbed wire. Louis and Ruby wanted to take it down, but after 20 minutes of arguing, I convinced them to keep it up. Better safe than sorry.
The horse we took from the raiders was hitched just beside the sentry station, watching as we all passed by. Ruby was almost always tending to it. Aasim might get jealous.

Out from the admin building, comes Clementine. Ruby had found old crutches and left it beside her bed just incase. Seeing her out of her room and in the courtyard was a good sign. She was definetly getting better. She looked better anyway. She notices me and gives me a nod, smiling. I wave to her and she calls to AJ who runs up to her, giving her a hug.

Violet, however, wasnt looking so happy. She stood infront of Tennesse's grave, placing one of his toys on top of it. We all helped make it once the school was cleaned up. Sadly, there was no body. When me and Louis went back to the bridge, he was gone. He must have turned on the bridge, and walked away. I keep an eye out for him everytime I'm outside, just so the others dont have to see him like that.

When Violet see's me, she gives me a smile. Her bandages only covered her right eye, but not the left, as that eye had regained vision. She looked sad when she saw herself in the mirror again. Said she looks dumb. I told her I thought it was badass, which made her a bit happier. I was going to say something about looking like a pirate, but she punched my shoulder and warned me not to, reading my mind.
She walks over to me, arms folded.