A Spanner In The Works

There was a ladder in the room we were in. Clem climbs up first. In the room was the sniper who shot me, along with Minnie.

"Minerva, focus." She tells her.

"Yes ma'am. I... I have a little brother. Short, scarred face. Is he... he's not out there, is he?"

The sniper sighs.

"Look, we discussed this. Your family is the Delta now. There aint no room for anyone else."

"Yes ma'am." Minnie nods.

The sniper nods back, then leaves.

"There's no way we can get in there without her seeing us." Louis says.

Clem readies an arrow and stands up. Minnie gasps and raises her crossbow. Clem aims back.

"Get. Out." Minnie tells her.

I stand beside Clem, knife in hand, and so does AJ, gun pointed at her. Louis stands behind me.

"Not without our people." Clem says.

"I swear to god, if you got Tenn caught up in this..." Her voice changes from angry, to concerned. "Just... just tell me, that he's safe."

"He told me to tell you, he forgives you."

Minnie takes a deep breath, then exhales a "Shit."

She lowers her crossbow.

"I'll help you get everyone out. Then you take my brother, and run. Get him back to where its safe."

Clem nods.

"Come on, hurry." She tells us.

We rush towards the cells, but I couldn't see Violet.

"Clementine?" Omar asks.

"Holy fuck." Aasim walks up to the door, happy to see us.

I rush over to the cell and look down at Omar's leg.

"Hows your leg? I left you behind, I--"

"I'm okay." He says. "We're okay. Check on Violet first, she needs to know you're alive."

"I'll unlock her cell." Minnie bends down, lifting the latch.

The door opens and I rush in. Violet sat in the corner, huddled up.

"Violet? Violet!"

I rush over to her, but hear someone collapse behind me.

I turn around and Clem is unconcious on the floor. Minnie had hit her in the back of the head.

"You backstabbing bitch." I take out my knife.

She aims the crossbow at me, so I stay put.

"What the fuck, Minnie!" Louis shouts.

"Clem!" AJ calls out to her.

She moves her aim to them, then back to me when I take a step forward.

"Dont you fucking move!" She aims at AJ. "I'll shoot him, I swear!"

I stay still, hands in the air.

"Get in the cell. NOW!" She orders Louis and AJ.

They get into a cell beside Aasim and Omar, and Minnie locks the door behind them, then mine.

I walk over to cell door, gripping the bars tightly.

"You're a fucking dissapointment to your brother, you know that, right? Betraying your friends, siding with the people who got your sister killed. And you called me a sick fuck."