Uninvited Guests

The school comes into view, so we move behind some trees, making sure that the sentry guard posted there couldn't see us. I lead the way, moving tree to tree, watching my footing as to not make any noise. I stopped once I felt confident that I'd be able to hit the sentry with the spear. I turn to Aasim and Louis, giving them a piece of the rope.

"Once it hits him, pull hard enough for him to fall, but not so hard that you just yank it out." I whisper.

They nod, both of their hands on the rope. I take a deep breath, readying myself for the throw. I grip the spear and run out. The sentry immediatley sees me and aims his crossbow.

"Hey--"

The spear leaves my hand and enters his gut. He drops the gun, and luckily it lands on our side of the wall. Louis and Aasim tug the rope, causing the sentry to fall over the banistor and onto his back, the spear poking up. He groans through his teeth, hands around the spear, but he doesnt dare pull it out. I walk up to him and grab the spear, then place a foot on his chest as I bend down towards his face. His eyes widen at the mask.
The look of fear takes over his face and he shakes his head, tears starting to appear.

"P-please... Please dont kill me..." He begs.

I move closer to his ear and whisper...

"Scream."

As I move my face away from his, he looks at me with a confused frightened look. I twist the spear swiftly.

"Aaaagh! Fuck! Fuck! Jesus! Help--"

The spear is pulled out of his stomach and held into the air, then slammed down into his mouth, shutting him up.

Aasim comes out from the tree and sees the man, looking at him wide eyed.

"Jesus Christ, (Y/n). There's killing a man, but then there's--"

I shut him up by grabbing the crossbow and shoving it into his chest.

"Keep it to yourself. I know what I'm doing."

He looks at the body, empathising with the man as he looks into his eyes. He obviously had a problem with how I dealt with things, but now wasnt the time. Voices could be heard from the other side of the wall.

"Fuck, did you hear that?" A raider asks.

"Of course I fucking heard it." Another raider answers.

"Should we check it out?"

"Should we-- are you serious? Yes we should check it out. Keep your weapon ready and your eyes sharp." She tells him.

I look back at Aasim and shove him back behind a tree with Louis. He stays there and I press my back against the wall beside the gate, waiting for them to come out. As the footsteps come closer, I took out my knife, ready. The gate opens, the metal almost touching my face. The first raider comes out, his crossbow up and ready. He immediatley lowers it as soon as he sees his friend's corpse.

"Oh god..."

He rushes over, kneeled above him as he panics, wondering what to do.

The other raider starts making her way through the gate, and as soon as I saw her, I kicked the gate as hard as possible, making it swing hard and fast into her face. She's knocked backwards, falling to the floor from the unexpected hit. The other one turns his head towards the sudden action and I dive onto him. He lies on his back and catches my hand right before the knife slammed down onto his face. I grip the handle tight and place my other hand on the bottom of it, pushing down with my weight. The man was strong, his resisitance causing the knife to not come any closer, but not any further away. I let out a noise of frustration and take the knife away from his face as I plummet my fist down hard onto his nose, then stab the knife into the side of his neck. He moves his hand onto the knife's handle, trying to get it out, but it didnt matter. He was a dead man.