Chapter 47

SO I HIT 500K READS! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, I LITERALLY CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I STILL REMEMBER THE DAY I HIT 1K SO THIS IS HONESTLY SURREAL. LOVE YOU ALL, ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!

"Polyjuice Potion? I hope you don't think you're joining the Order with this little mission to move Potter," Joseph scoffed.

"That's exactly what I think I'm doing," Cassie replied.

"It's going to be an ambush, Cassie! With all the Death Eaters showing up, this won't be one where everyone comes out alive," he explained.

"And that's all the more reason to go. They will be outnumbered and need all the help they can get," she said stubbornly.

"This is too dangerous for you..." Regulus added softly. "You can't be unnecessarily risking your life, this was the only redo you will get."

"What's the point of being back if I'm just going to hide out in fear of dying again? I would be wasting this redo more by sitting around letting everyone else risk their lives instead," she argued.

"We understand that," Joseph began, "but this one is different. From what I know of, I'm almost certain there will be at least one death. Our point is that we don't want that one to be you."

"But it's perfectly fine for one of the other Order members to die instead, right? Like how about Remus, Tonks, my dad," she said the last part staring straight at Regulus.

Regulus sighed, "I don't want my brother hurt any more than you do, but they are all much more experienced. I have little doubt in their abilities going against a Death Eater."

"Might I remind you that I saved my father from death?" Cassie gloated.

For a moment Regulus simply stared back at his niece, blinking occasionally. He then fell back onto the couch letting out a deep sigh of frustration.

"She has a point," Regulus shrugged.

"What do you mean she has a point?! It's a death wish if she goes!" Joseph fumed.

"It might not even be as bad as you think it will be," he breathed.

"I know very well how bad it will be which is why I don't want her anywhere near there!" he growled.

"Care to share how you do know this, Uncle Joseph? Hm?" Cassie taunted.

"I have my ways which are none of your concern," he replied calmly.

"I think it is my concern when you're relaying this mysterious information that we have no idea to be true or not," she pointed out.

"So you think I'm lying then?" Joseph quipped with a raised eyebrow.

At this, Cassie rolled her eyes while letting out a deep, annoyed groan.

"Don't gaslight me! I don't think you're lying, it's just very curious how you could find out this information, which would usually be highly classified I'm guessing," she remarked.

"Maybe one of us could just go with her..." Regulus added hesitantly, attempting to diffuse the tension.

"NO!" he snapped. "You aren't going, Cassiopeia. I've lost you once and I'm not prepared to lose you again!"

The room went dangerously silent as Joseph lost his composure. It made sense now to Cassie how her kind, generous, and warm-hearted Uncle could ever play the role as a Death Eater. She never truly saw him in action as one, but if him snapping like he just did was anything similar, it added up.

Even Regulus flinched slightly at his lover's thundering voice. They both knew it was more of him being scared than angry, but it doesn't mean it bothered them any less.