07

"Uhm, what is he doing?" Sana questions, eyebrows knitted together in utter confusion.

Your eyes remain focused on the figure that's too far away to talk to. "Charades."

Since you no longer study together at the library, you rarely see Jeongguk on campus, but when your eyes do meet, it always brings a smile to your face.

He never misses a chance to make you laugh, even if it's from a distance as he's with his friends—all male, you haven't seen him accompanied by any girls since that one time in the library. Not that it means anything.

At first, it's palms pressed together to his cheek and a questioning thumbs up. Slept well?

Another day, his fingers are walking across his open palm, and then he opens an invisible book. Going to the library?

If his questions require more than a nod or shake of your head, you usually just text him back; doing charades when people are undoubtedly watching isn't really your thing. But this time, he's simply too far away, and you can't make out what exactly his hands are doing. You open up your conversation.

'I can't see what you're doing.'

What you can see, however, is Jeongguk fishing his phone out of his jean pocket and his shoulders slumping in irritation. You smile, endeared. He might as well stomp his foot too.

'My fist is a ball and the other is running. Then I point to my watch, and then I open a book and write with a pen.'

'You have soccer but you want to study with me afterward?'

'Yes!!! See, I'm honestly SO good at this.'

When you look up from your phone, you watch him where he stands, so far away from you. His friends stand in a loose circle, but he has his back to them, head bowed down and attention entirely directed to his phone as he awaits your reply.

"He wants to study after soccer practice," you inform Sana, who lets out an "ah," before turning to say something to your other classmate, Momo.

'World champion. Maybe I'm also kinda good at interpreting?'

Your eyes are barely half-open when you unlock the door to the empty apartment. Last night was one of those where you're simply not allowed to catch a single moment's rest, and you've been suffering through all of your classes feeling like your brain is devouring itself.

Your bag is lowered to the floor, and your shoes and jacket are sloppily put away before you stumble into your room. With moves more like those of a zombie, you strip down to your underwear and then retrieve a big shirt and some shorts.

It's only a matter of minutes before you'll fall asleep when a certain black-haired guy comes to mind. Perhaps it was dumb to schedule a session with him today. Clumsily, you search your bed for the phone you know you threw in there, and when you find it, you pull up your conversation.