23

After that, you relocate to the living room, sitting close together on the couch. You have to in order for both of you to see the screen and for him to teach you the purpose of all the sliders and settings.

Jeongguk has a hard time hiding a slight blush when you discover the pictures he never deleted and gaze at him like he hung the stars in the sky. Yeah, it's not the most pleasant thing, helping you edit photos of his own face, but he'll do it for you, and you look so happy that he feels it creep under his skin too.

"I'm gonna print it and put it in an album," you gush as he attaches the finished file to an email he sends your way. "I wanna do like you and have lots of physical pictures of friends and family and adventures."

Jeongguk rolls his eyes shyly but doesn't open his mouth. Not until he remembers something else he was supposed to ask today.

"So, I almost forgot, but there's this thing... on Saturday. A reunion? Have you heard of it?"

"Yeah, Yuna and Yoongi are going," you comment absentmindedly as you accept the laptop once more, your fingers instantly finding the tool to tweak the colors on a shot of the greyish water.

"But you're not?"

"No, I don't really know anyone who's going besides them. Are you? I'm sure you know everyone there. Or they know you, at least."

"Well, I've been thinking about it, but, uh... Would you, uh, wanna go with me? I think it could be fun if we went together?"

Why on earth is he so nervous? Flashback after flashback fills his mind. He asked you out once. And you said 'yes.'

You're engaged. He's not asking you out on a date.

"Oh, well, don't you think it would be boring to have to drag me around all night? It's probably better if you go with your friends?"

"What do you mean? You're my friend too."

You tear your eyes from the screen to look at him with the cutest puppy eyes he's ever seen.

"Aw."

"Top ten, at least," the words spill out before he can stop them, and you drop your jaw. But then, a smile breaks out on your face, one that colors everything from your mouth to your eyes.

"Excuse me? And here I was gonna put you in the top five," you point your finger at him. "You know you're lucky you're stronger than me or I would tickle you until you can't breathe."

"Too bad. But you know, being in the top ten doesn't mean you're not number one? I love hanging out with you; I wouldn't be here right now otherwise."

The moment the two of you step inside the restaurant, all eyes are on you. Jeongguk is accustomed to it, or at least he used to be, but you've always shied away from the attention. It's not like the music fades and everyone's staring. No, it's 'merely' glances, a few whispers, and the occasional elbow to another's side as you move towards the bar.