62

The seasons change, and soon, winter melts away.

When summer arrives–your first as a couple–it's only natural that you tag along to Jin and Mina's vacation house. By now, Jeongguk is much more relaxed around you and his friends, to the point where they aren't as scared to tease him anymore. For a long while, they walked on eggshells around him. Well, sometimes they still do, at least when it comes to certain topics, but not as much.

"So what would you pick for me, then? There are two that people usually pick for me, can you guess them?"

You concentrate on Tae's face where he sits on the other side of the wooden outdoor table. He keeps a neutral face, skin sun-kissed and black hair slightly bleached.

"I have no idea. Penguin?"

"Penguin?!"

"Yeah?" you shrug, "Is that so weird?"

"Yes? People usually say tiger or bear."

"Oh. Well, I can sorta see it, but I wouldn't say it was very clear. Not like...

"Jeongguk."

"Jeongguk. Okay, I can agree on that one," Taehyung says, observing the man sitting beside you.

"Yeah, I don't usually go around, liking people to animals, you know, but I've never seen anyone resemble a deer so much."

Taehyung's eyes widen, "A deer?! Are you crazy, woman?"

You look at him questioningly before turning to your boyfriend, inspecting his face like you don't spend most of your waking time gazing lovingly at him.

"...Kangaroo?"

"Okay, you're mental. You're supposed to know him better than anyone, but you can't even tell that he's a bunny?"

"A bunny?"

Your face is colored by confusion as Taehyung rises from his seat. "Yes."

"I don't know. I mean... it's the Bambi eyes for me. So either a deer or a kangaroo. Kangaroos are basically just jacked up deer that are able to walk–hop–upright. Boxing and all that too."

"I get your point," he hums, grabbing your boyfriend by the hair. Jeongguk, who was reading something on his phone, lets him but narrows his eyes.

"What are you doing?" you ask, watching him attempt to start a fire with Jeongguk's hair between his hands.

Taehyung steps back, smiling proudly when one side of Jeongguk's hair stands upright, like a... cone? Quickly, he nods to himself and repeats the process on the other half.

"Look at this. Ggukkie, do the thing."

"No."

"Yes, do the thing."

"Fine," Jeongguk sighs, looking at you and scrunching his nose. Even his front teeth peek out, and it's absolutely the cutest thing you've ever seen.

"Oh god," you gasp. "Tae, you're right." Naturally, your hands fly to Jeongguk's face, holding it in your hands with wonder in your eyes. "You are so cute. My bunny."

Slightly more accepting of your shenanigans than Tae's, Jeongguk lets you squish his cheeks and kiss his pouty lips.

"Love you too, bye."

After ending the call to your mother, you lock your phone and place it into your pocket. You hadn't talked to her in a week, so she had lots to say. About thirty minutes of it, actually.

When you return to Taehyung and Jeongguk, Jin and Jimin have joined as well, talking amongst themselves. As you near the table, you let yourself take in the sight of your boyfriend's back. He's wearing a black t-shirt with his black shorts, and you particularly like... well, his back.