41

It's to the most incredible warmth you wake up the next day. It's so good that it's only on the third try that you manage to keep your eyes open, and with the sun leaking through Jeongguk's blinds, you know it's later than usual.

You didn't set an alarm. You didn't need to since you don't have somewhere to be, but you're not sure about Jeongguk, and you'd hate it if he missed something.

You've moved during the night, Jeongguk now behind you and holding you to his chest. His bicep is warm under your cheek, and you feel so content, so warm and peaceful. You kiss the tattoos and run your nails across his skin in an attempt to rouse him from his sleep.

"Gguk..."

"...Hmm?" he responds groggily, tightening his other arm around your waist.

"I don't know what time it is. You have anywhere to be today?"

You feel him nuzzle his face deeper into your hair from behind. "No. Just gonna do some editing today, no shoots."

"Okay, good," you nod, "I hate to inconvenience you, but I gotta go pee."

"Noooo," he groans right into your ear, and you smile dumbly to yourself, prying his hands off you. "Stay, please?"

"I'll be back in a minute, I promise."

Despite the pressure in your bladder, it's almost difficult to leave the room. When you get off the bed and can look back at the sleepy man–who you're not sure if he's actually still awake or if he's already drifted off again–you have to pause.

The white covers only reach his waist, and so you're blessed with the vision of his warm skin, his defined muscles, and soft breaths. His black, messy hair and almost as dark tattoos.

For a second, you're thrown back to your room in your old, shared apartment when you first saw him like that. A lot of things have changed since you rushed home, finding a burdened Jeongguk asleep in your bed, but not your need to care for him.

In the end, you manage to tear your eyes away and head toward the bathroom, promising yourself you'll be quick.

It only takes a few minutes, and when you return, you head straight for the bed where Jeongguk has moved to lie completely on his stomach.

Without really opening his eyes, he tries to reach for you when he feels the bed dip down, and you grin at his searching hands. This time, you lie down to face him, letting him pull you closer to his chest, still with his eyes shut. But not so close you can't look at his face. Or touch it.

The second you brush his hair away, he releases a deep sigh, and if you had any doubts, they're gone. Like another time in college, you trace your fingertips lightly along the bridge of his nose, up to his right eyebrow. You let your fingers follow the shape of his face, from his temple down to his cheekbone, and then trace his jaw. They move up and down it, and a smile pulls on your lips when Jeongguk's eyes flutter.

"How are you feeling?" you break the serene silence gently.

In turn, you're rewarded with Jeongguk's dopey smile. "Good," he mumbles lowly without opening his eyes even the slightest and pulls you in closer.

He's so warm, heating up every little cell of your body to the nicest, loveliest temperature. To get even closer, he sneaks one of his legs between yours, entangling them, and when seemingly satisfied, he stills.

As if breathing you in, he takes a deep breath. "This is all I wanted," he reveals quietly, and your heart hurts.

You break your hand free again, leaning away just enough to be able to look at his face properly, and you know the smile you're wearing is dumb too. But it's okay because it's happy, carefree. Placing your palm against his cheek, you rub your thumb soothingly over his cheekbone.