20

"can i kiss you?"

dev's breath hitches as she nods slowly. george tucks the stray strand of hair that had fallen on her face, tightening his grip on her waist. using his free hand, he lifts her chin with his pointer finger, leaning in. her eyes flutter close as george's lips press against hers, causing her body to relax. pulling away, he leans his forehead against hers, holding back a smile. dev looks at him through her eyelashes, laughing. 

"hi," he whispers, his breath fanning over her face due to their proximity.

"hi," dev holds still, pinching herself as if she were in a dream. george leans in again for another kiss, this time with more purpose and passion. 

as they pull apart for the last time, george pulls both of them onto the bed, causing their bodies to crash into each other. they lay on their backs, hands resting on their stomachs as they catch their breaths, both flushed and feeling incredibly shy at the moment. it felt weird, yet so comfortable for the two to find themselves in this position, caught between best friends and lovers. 

"that was-" dev starts, obviously confused by her emotions.

"poggers," george finishes, turning over on his stomach and propping up his elbows.

"you did not just describe our first kiss as poggers."

"hm," he hums, "but i did."

"you're so dumb," she rolls her eyes, still smiling.

"you are too then, you have my cooties."

"i hate you," dev shoves george in the shoulder, covering her face with her hands.

"it didn't seem like that a minute ago."

she sits up and points towards the door, "you can show yourself out, by the way."

george throws his legs over her hips, pinning her arms above her head.

"you don't really want me to leave, do you?" he smirks.

dev blushes, speechless.

"aw, that really shut you up didn't it. that's right." he presses his lips to her ear, "i'm just teasing," he whispers, a shiver running down dev's spine. "not so tough now, are you?"

through gritted teeth, dev chokes out, "get. off."

"say, please, devyn."

she shakes her head, staring at the ceiling in order to not make eye contact.

"get off, george."

in a hushed tone, george responds, "say, please." when she doesn't speak up, he clears his throat. "come on, you can do it. it's not that hard."

dev gasps, aware of the closing space between their bodies. 

"please."

george slowly moves off her, sitting down at her desk chair.

he grins, "i knew you could do it."

good god the sexual tension is off the charts i can't breathe in hereeeee

we almost finished with da book......