25

devyn was stressed. actually, stressed was an understatement. george wasn't answering her calls and texts, furthering her worry that something was actually wrong and clay wasn't just playing around. she'd purchased the soonest flight to orlando, which was leaving in three hours.

she hastily packed and threw everything she might need for an overnight trip into her bag. running a hand through her already ruffled hair, grabbed her phone to text saoirse.

devyn vu
hi saoirse! i'm so sorry this is last minute but something came up and i need to leave the country for a while. it's a family emergency and i hope you can understand. i will be in touch and am so sorry, i know how big of a case this is.

saoirse (work)
devyn— i am sorry to hear about that. i will have connor cover your work as i know you two are close. i hope all goes well. see you soon.

with 30 minutes to spare, dev arrived at the airport with her bags, rushing to make it past security and catch her flight. she let out a relieved sigh as she sat down in her seat, next to an older woman who had a kind smile.

"are you all right? you look way too stressed for your young age."

"yeah, i'm just a bit stressed with work and everything. and my boyfriend's in trouble so i had to book a last-minute flight."

"ah, i see. men always need help, don't they?"

dev giggled, nodding in agreement. "yes, they are rather incompetent."

the conversation ended there and dev resulted in putting in her airpods and listening to music to try and relax her nerves. her leg never stopped shaking, even throughout crazy rich asians which she watched on the in-flight movie plan.

as soon as the plane landed, she messaged dream. 

dév
i'm here 

my baggage claim is 6

dré
ok i'll be outside that door in 5

as soon as devyn got in dream's car, she knew that something was wrong. he was barely speaking to her which made it increasingly awkward since they'd never met before.

"are you gonna tell me what's going on?"

he only shook his head, "you'll see."

she decided that now would be a great time to enjoy the florida weather. she did her sightseeing from the window of his seemingly new car. 

"nice car."

"thanks. it's electric."

"yeah, i know what a tesla is."

"good for the environment you know."

"elon musk is a capitalist pig."

"ok but— it's electric. eat the rich, am i right?"

"you're a millionaire."

"ok but—"

"no," she cut him off. 

that shut him up pretty quickly. she rolled her eyes before leaning her head on the seat, exhausted. sleeping on the plane was difficult for her and the bright sun was giving her a pounding headache. 

"hey, we're here."

devyn didn't remember falling asleep but she sluggishly got out of the car, almost falling over. she looked up at the house, which was a decently sized classical-american suburban home. 

"go in, i'll get your bags. i think they're home."

ringing the doorbell, she looked down at her phone. to be fair, she didn't have any service so she wasn't really expecting to have any new messages. the door opened, and she looked up to meet sapnap's eyes, who looked shocked.

"devyn... you're here? oh my god, you're here! george! george! come here!"

she waved, before giving him a hug.

"hi, sapnap. is george okay?"

"yeah, he's like totally good. he's going to be so excited you're here. george!"

footsteps were heard in the distance as dev peered around sapnap's shoulder. george was looking down on his phone, walking towards them.

"what is it, sapnap? also why is devyn not answering her— oh! you're here! why are you here? i mean not that i don't want you here but you said you weren't sure about coming and now you're here?" george rambled as he wrapped his arms around her. 

"well," dev spoke while still embraced, "dream told me you were in trouble. but, obviously, he lied so now i'm here. i'm happy to see you."

he gave her a kiss on the cheek as he let her go. "i'm happy to see you too."

"awww, aren't they just so cute?" dream commented, his phone already out, taking pictures.

"shut it, dream. i'm still mad at you," dev sneered as she side-wrapped her arms around george's torso. 

niallhoransboob

liked by w_ifehaver and 18 others

niallhoransboob back with gogs :]

w_ifehaver devyn i have never been so jealous of you in my life
niallhoransboob you should be i'm here with gogs
w_ifehaver i am going to Cry
niallhoransboob good
w_ifehaver why would You say that i am a Minor

69clay69 ❤️ devnotfound❤️
niallhoransboob go away 
69clay69 this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me 😐
niallhoransboob your ego is unbearable 

feralmangog ❤️

cdawg oh so this is why you can't come to our weekend plans
niallhoransboob IM SORRY blame @69clay69

tubbeeboo this is so cute it is like me and @ranbeeboo
w_ifehaver WHY DO YOU HAVE MATCHING INSTAGRAMS
tubbeeboo becouse we are married
w_ifehaver fuck you and your "son" bitch