17

"i'll be offline for a while, dream."

"why? you never leave your room. are you alright? is it because of what i said?"

"no- no, i'm going on a camping trip and won't be able to have service or anything. it's only for a week though. and you were right, i'm being selfish. hopefully, this trip will help me cleanse my mind or some shit."

"a week is so long," dream's voice echoes throughout george's room, he had tossed his headset aside hours ago.

"well, i think it'll be nice. some time away from the screen, social media, just everything," george runs a hand through his hair, aimlessly scribbling on a piece of paper next to his keyboard. 

"are you going by yourself?"

george breathes deeply, "no, going with dev and our moms. she probably won't respond if you message her since we both won't have service."

"aw, i'll have to be stuck with sapnap all week? how's it going to work with dev?"

"you guys live together. you're stuck together every day. and i don't know, i'll try to avoid her?"

"uhhh- you're going to be in the wilderness. together. with no phones, for like a week. but i'll miss you george, i hope you have fun."

"i'll miss you too, dream. i have to get off now, i haven't started packing yet. i leave tomorrow morning so i'm going to bed early tonight."

"take some time for yourself okay? you deserve it."

"thanks. bye, dream."

george disconnects from the discord call, making his way to his bed. he'd always been an introvert, needing his alone time, but dream brought out another side of him, one where he'd stay up for hours talking to his friends without a need for a break. this time was different though. his feelings for dev, the overwhelming pressure from his audience, and social media as a whole had really worn him out, and he was back to needing his alone time. it wasn't his intention to lie to his best friend and go offline for a week, but he felt that it's what he needed and he hoped that dream would never find out. 

georgie
hi 

you know how we're communicating more now?

i just wanted to let you know i'm going to be filming
a ton this week so i probably won't be able to see you till
monday

devy
oh ok

if you need anything let me know

and tell your boss boyfriend to give you some breaks
when you're recording so you can get water and eat

have fun! i'll see you when i can

georgie
when did u get all nice and shit

thanks tho

and i think dream is laser focusing in on the filming this
week so he won't be on his phone so probably no use
texting him idk

devy
ok fair enough

ttyl then ?

georgie
yeah

ttyl

bye devyn
read 11:57 pm

george felt even worse lying to devyn. he'd never pulled something like this before, and honestly, he was surprised he had even gotten this far without being found out. now all he could do is pray that dev and dream never message each other.