21

"you're going for three months?"

george scoffs, "we've been waiting years for this, i'm not going to go for like a week. plus you won't even notice i'm gone. it'll be like when you went to california for like two months and i had to hang out by myself the whole time."

"it's not my fault you didn't have any other friends," dev rolls her eyes. "plus that was year 12 . year 12, george! you also can't hold it against me since it was a family trip. you are voluntarily abandoning me for months."

he reaches up to place his hand on her cheek. they were sitting at his desk chair, her legs straddling him as she sat on his lap and her hands pressed into shoulders as she held herself upright.

"you're so cute when you're clingy."

she pouts at him, "really?"

"no. now get off my legs are cramping."

"ugh," dev groans as she drags herself over to the bed, "you're the worst. can you at least bring me back a souvenir?"

"yes, of course, bestie."

"how are we still on the bestie thing?" dev complains, annoyed. "we had sex like last week," she yawns. OK I DIDN'T WANT TO PUT THIS IN BUT I FELT LIKE IT WAS TIME IN THEIR RELATIONSHIP FOR THIS DEVELOPMENT I AM SORRY I WILL ERASE IT IF IT MAKES ANYONE UNCOMFORTABLE BEE TEE DUBS.

"mm, and two days ago in the shower," george reminisces, smiling

"yeah, and that bruise still fucking hurts."

he turns in his chair to face her, "you're the one who wanted bubbles. not my fault that you slipped."

"you could've caught me, i dunno."

"it's a small tub, darling. i was trying to save myself. my face is the moneymaker imagine if i fell on my face."

"fuck off," dev flips him the finger, "pretty privilege," she mutters as she gets into the covers, like she had done for the past few weeks. their parents were ecstatic when george and devyn walked into family dinner holding hands and giggling at some dumb joke. then they had a whole interrogation about using protection because mrs. davidson and mrs. vu both agreed they didn't want to be grandparents just yet. though mrs. vu had scolded devyn for not being home as much and showing up in george's t-shirts. she insisted that devyn should at least pack a bag.

george sighs loudly as he rises from the chair and makes his way to his bed. slipping into the covers as well, he taps her shoulder to get her attention.

"what," dev says without opening her eyes. 

he wraps his arm around her so his chin rests on her head. "i'm going to miss you, you know. i'll call you everyday. promise."

"who's the clingy one now?" she mutters, turning over and scooting closer towards him until there wasn't any space between them.

"goodnight," george whispers as he places a soft kiss on her forehead. he unwraps his arm and turns the light off.

"goodnight, bestie."