Answers - Chapter 18

Kendra

"Is it true ?"

"Is it true ?"

I look to Darius as tears fill my eyes waiting for him to put me out of my misery and tell me it's not what it seems.

Reassuring me that what East said was a lie.

But he couldn't give me that. He looked at me trying to form a sentence that held substance but much to my disappointment he couldn't.

"Have you slept with her and please don't lie to me. For your sake"

"Look baby, whatever you heard it's not true"

"How'd you know I've heard anything ? I asked you a question"

He sighs as he tries to pull me into him as we reach outside our bedroom.

With a sharp response I pull away telling him not to touch me, whilst entering into our room. 

"Darius Maurice Carter, answer the question. Did you sleep with her?"

He looked at the hurt in my eyes as I longed for his answer. 

"No Kendra. I did not sleep with her."

"Okay, and regarding the comments East made about her pulling on your draw string?" 

He sighs before answering my question. 

"Look, I know it sounds bad but it's not what East made it seem like. I was looking for you everywhere around the house and I -"

"So you thought it would be best to find comfort around my cousin's waist?" I interrupt. 

He raises his arms up in frustration and places his hand around his head. 

"No Drea ! Listen to me, it's not-"

"No Darius, you listen to me! I don't even care that she pressed you up against a fridge. I already know her type. I know what she's capable of. I know that she has no boundaries and based on her actions towards you when you first met, or so I thought, I knew she wanted you. but my issue is with you."

He sits down on the bed as I continue my speech. 

"You not telling me that you knew who she was the moment you recognised her is where you messed up. Then to have someone like East, talk about it with such a smug look on his face angers me but I couldn't fight back nor defend the man that I love because he didn't tell me himself!" 

Just as I end my speech I begin to grab my clothes from last night and begin to get dressed. 

Darius gets up from the bed "Kendra, I know I messed up with not telling you that I knew TT and that she tired it with me, but when you said you wanted to give us another go that's all I could think about. Baby I was ecstatic, I just wanted to focus on us and none of that other irrelevant bullshit." 

"Why didn't you just tell me !?"

"Because I didn't think you'd find out!" 

"Do you know how stupid you sound right now !? I swear all men lack common sense" 

I finish getting dressed and and begin to proceed towards the door and just as I am able to touch the door handle Darius comes round to block my escape. 

"Get out of my way Darius, I'm not playing with you. " I say in a clam tone.

"Why can't you just hear me out !?"

"Because you keep saying dumb shit that makes me want to punch you in the mouth!" 

"Look I'm sorry baby, that never should've happened and I should've been up front about it but you leaving now isn't going to solve anything" 

"And staying here with you listening to you try and lie about this is going to be a positive ?"

"Why can't you just accept I fucked up and move on !" He groans in frustration. 

"Because it becomes a pattern with you! First it was that red haired bimbo, now my cousin. Who knows who it's going to be next week ?"

"Wow so you were really waiting for me to mess up."

"Do you hear yourself right now dumb-ass !  No one was waiting for you to mess up, I was rooting for you, we were all rooting for you !" 

I pause and look into the eyes of the man I love and wonder if he's still in there. 

"So why are you leaving baby? Come on let's talk about it."

"No! thats my issue with you! Your words mean nothing if you actions don't speak them too. I just wanted you to be honest with me and you couldn't do that. Maybe we just aren't meant to be. It shouldn't be this hard! We've only been back together A DAY !"

"You're always the one that used to say I'd walk away to soon and I'd never fight for anything. Well baby here I am, fighting for us. How can you just walk away ?"

"Because, I used to fight when we were worth it" 

And with that I left. 

Very very very short filler, will be updating before the end of the weekend. Let me know how you guys are feeling about the story so far etc Favourite characters and scenes.