Back to normal ?-Chapter 11

7th May - 7am 

Kendra -

The time was currently 7:33am and I was up writing in my journal, along with some Brent Faiyaz playing in the background

The time was currently 7:33am and I was up writing in my journal, along with some Brent Faiyaz playing in the background.  I don't know what it is but my journal has always brought me a sense of peace. A place where I could speak to God and release all my thoughts. Where I could release my heart on paper with no judgement or comment from anyone.

Like you know when you are vulnerable with someone about how you feel then some way somehow they end up making the conversation about themselves. I can't stand people like that. If you say you're going to be there, then do what it entails.  Just be there.

Anyways I digress. The last 48 hours of my life have been nothing short of a surprise. I still don't know what could posses someone to put their hands on someone they claim they love. Especially if there was no provoking involved.  I just don't know if I can take that risk with Jayden.

My mother always told me that if a man puts his hands on you, he never loved you in the first place. Moreover, lord knows if my brother or my father were even to get a whiff of this news he would be dead within the next hour of me releasing the news. After the whole fiasco of him crying and pleading with me to stay with him through his alcoholism I refused.

Well... I refused to be his girlfriend, butttt I did say I would be his friend. He suggested a break then come back to reconcile things but I don't believe in breaks. I believe you are either together or you're not. No in-betweens or grey areas, then you'll end up sleeping with someone I'll find out, be pissed at you and you shouting back at me talking about some "We were on a break" Ross and Rachel were cute, but not that cute.

Just as I was finishing up the last chapter, my phone begins to ring. I look at the time just to double check I wasn't dreaming. And yes the time really said 8am in the morning. Now not a lot of people knew that I was an early bird, only the people closest to me. But if you knew me knew me, you'd know that when the sun was up I was up. That's just the way it was.

I look over at my caller ID and it was a number I did not recognise but I proceeded to pick it up anyways. I ain't no pussy.

"......" Silence stood between this person and I as I waited for them to speak first. One thing about me was that if you called my phone first, then I'd be waiting on you to start the conversation. I didn't make the call so why should I start the conversation ?

"Girl, you know I hear you breathing"

and with that I took a mental sigh of relief as I realised who it was on the other side of the phone.

"...Good morning to you to Darius"

"Good morning beautiful"

The way he said beautiful took me back to one of they many pet names he used to give me back in the day every morning when he'd pick me up from school.