What now - Chapter 26

Shan

24th May - 1am

"I'm pregnant"

"I'm pregnant"

I searched for an answer in Keem's eyes but nothing. I searched for excitement, joy, love or compassion but instead I was met with nothing.

Okay now I feel worried.

"Ermm you're kinda making me feel nervous Keem. Say something. Say anything"

He stood up and started pacing whilst releasing a breathe that he'd clearly been holding in.

"How'd you know you're pregnant?"

"Erm because the doctor told me that they found it in my blood from the tests. Wait are you not happy about this ?"

"Happy is not the word I would use to describe how I'm feeling" he sighed

Tears began to fill my eyes as I listened to Hakeem speak.

"What does that mean? What are you even trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say we ain't ready for no babies. We agreed it was way too early. Baby we ain't even been together for a year yet."

"Look I can appreciate this is all very soon and I agree but I still think it's a blessing Keem. It's you and me together. How can it not be beautiful"

"Shan do you hear yourself, we barely have time for ourselves, how the hell we gonna have time for a baby in that mix?"

"Look I understand it's going to be hard Keem, but babies are a blessing. This did not happen by mistake. When you have unprotected sex there is a likelihood to get pregnant."

"I'm not denying that Shan. I'm just not ready for this. Why didn't you get on the pill or something , besides I thought you said you couldn't have them anyways"

I don't think I've ever felt deeper in pain then when those words left Hakeem's mouth.

"Shan that's not what I meant. Baby I didn't mean that"

I calmly looked at the door and said "Get out Hakeem"

"Baby I didn't mean that, I just meant we have only just started dating and we didn't plan to-"

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM NOW! I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" I grabbed a glass that was on the side of my table and threw it towards the door and it shattered into pieces. Just like my heart.

"Baby please, I-"

"Hakeem, get out"

"I'm leaving but I will be back because we need to talk about this."

I picked up a knife and he came out of the room with haste.

I can't believe he would say that to me. After everything I've ever said to him about my endo and wanting to have kids and not being sure if I could have them.

To make such a flippant comment all because we didn't plan this pregnancy hurt me to my core.

I look down and rub my stomach.

Don't worry it's just you and me bean.

Mommy loves you so much already.

Kendra

I cannot believe that of all the people in all the world, I have found myself back in a car with Darius "driller" Cater

I hope that Shan was having a better evening than I was at this moment. They are going to have the cutest baby in the world.

"Earth to Kendra, I was talking to you. Were you even listening to me? "

"I was trying not to. Believe me" I say as I get out of the car walking into the restaurant to collect the order.

Darius follows after me and stops me from going any further by sitting me on the trunk of the car and standing in between my legs.

"How long are we going to go on like this Drea?"

"Go on like what Driller?"

"Don't call me that." he sighed frustrated.

"Why not? It's your street name isn't it ?" If I called him that, that's how he knew I really  wasn't tyna give him any time.  I've been like that since high school.

"I don't want you to ever see me like that. I'm not him when I'm around you, I'm Darius, I'm dre dre, I'm moe, I'm whatever you want me to be"

"I want you to be faithful."

He sighed and looked down.

"Yeah that's what I thought"

Just as I was about to attempt to get down my phone rang. I was just as puzzled as Darius to be honest people don't call me especially after midnight.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kendra, its Bakari"

I saw the perfect opportunity present itself. "Ohh hey B, oh nah I'm not busy what's up?"

"Who the hell is that Kendra, I'm not playing with you. What nigga calling your phone after midnight?"

I tried to move my phone away from him but grabbed it.

"Darius give it back!"

I get down and completely forget he is taller than me so he just continues to speak into my phone.

"Yeah she's taken. Don't call her phone no more, her nigga kill people." Then he hung up and gave me back my phone with a toothless grin.

"I can't stand you" I say glaring at him.

"Well I can't stand your ass either."

I try to get away into the restaurant but he blocks me.

"omg Darius move!"

"No. Not until you tell me who that nigga was."

"I don't see how that's any of your business"

"It's my business because you're my business"

"Ha! Coming from you that was just on the dance floor kissing another girl about an hour ago. Yeah miss me with that"

"Look Lani, I messed up and I know I sound like a broken record because of it. But I don't play about you. Don't act like you don't know that. I know that I keep making you question my word and keep doing dumb stuff. But trust and believe this, (he takes a step closer to me), if I ever see you with an another nigga, best believe that's his ass  And I'll make it look like an accident too. Just ask you lil friend Jayden."

and with that he kisses my cheek and walks into the restaurant to pick up the food.

This is going to be a longgg nighttttt.....

Hii everyone, I hope you enjoyed this. leave comments, starts and likes Next chapter coming soon xxx