When life gives you lemons - Chapter 12

7th May- 1pm

Kendra-

The time was currently 1 in the afternoon, and I had pretty much spent my whole morning and now afternoon with Darius

The time was currently 1 in the afternoon, and I had pretty much spent my whole morning and now afternoon with Darius. We were laughing and watching movies and just reminiscing about the past. It's so crazy to me how the little boy I fell in love with was now sitting in front of me a fully grown man.

Spending so much time with him has really reminded me of all the reasons I fell for him in the first place. He really was my best friend.

"Hellooo earth to Lani !!"

"Huh ? Sorry, what did you say Maurice?"

At this moment I had just realised that I had been zoning for probably the last 5 mins as Darius was talking about the episode of Attack on Titan that was playing in the background.

"Where's your head at girl ?"

I chuckle a lil to myself. "No where, my bad I was just thinking"

He pauses the episode and moves closer to me on the couch. "Whatchu thinking about lil mama?"

"Nothing important" I smile in response.

"Nothing important that's got you zoning off into the distance. After all these years you know I still know you like the back of my hand right?"

I roll my eyes playfully in response.

"Keep rolling your eyes like that and they'll get stuck"

"Please lil boy you are not my Daddy"

He chuckles softly, now sitting directly in front of me and says "that's funny because I could've sworn you called me that a couple times....you know... right before I made you..." his hands were around my waist at this moment.

Then just as he was about to complete his sentence my phone began to ring which snapped us both out of this lustful moment. I glanced down at my phone and I saw that it was Jayden.

"Ermm I'mma take this in the kitchen"

He gave me a simple nod of acknowledgment as I got up to take the phone call.

I catch my breathe and begin to prepare  myself for the conversation I was about to have. I can't believe that almost happened.

I mean did I want it to happen ? I don't know. Maybe, on some level ? Yes. Ughhh. I'm so scared of admitting I have feelings for Darius again because I don't want to get hurt again.