Reunited-Chapter 4

Darius

We got the venue and I'm not gonna lie I'm nervous as hell

We got the venue and I'm not gonna lie I'm nervous as hell. I haven't seen Drea in 7 years and I guess on some level it's kind of my fault. But that ain't important right now.

I get out of the car and follow Hakeem. Then I stop in my tracks noticing how sweaty my hands are. I then turn to Hakeem. "Yo Keem I'm bout to go to the bathroom real quick, I'll meet you on the floor"

He daps me up saying "Ite bet, but don't take too long you know you my surprise right"

"Yes my nigga I'm aware your ass was too cheap to buy a real gift"

"Ayee she'll enjoy seeing you, and if she wants to return you, you can just disappear for another 7 years"

I wave him off and make my way to the bathroom. I do what I gotta do and come out to wash my hands. I stare in the mirror.

You got this. You da man. I run my hands over my face trying to calm myself down. Okay okay, it'll be fine it's just Lil old Dre Dre from back in the day.

I take a deep breath and make my way back to the floor. I look over at Hakeem as he's holding a conversation with a beautiful female.

Ya'll I ain't even see her face but her body was screaming my name. She was petite but still thick in all the right places.

Wait, why is he talking to shorty when he should be looking for D. And he wanna talk about some make sure you follow the plan. Nigga follow your own plan. I start to approach them in hopes of breaking them up, but the closer I get the more a familiar scent begins to fill up my every essence.

Almost as if I was taken back in time to a moment that reminded me of my childhood, love, family and home. The closer I get the more I realise that it's not a stranger he's talking to it's Drea.

By the time I reach them my feet come to a halt as if on cue and I am signalled by Hakeem as he spins her around. I take a good look at her and stare deeply into her soul.

I couldn't believe this was my Drea, the lil girl I left had now turned into a grown-ass woman. *Cue grown woman by Beyoncé* A grown woman whose body had me at her every command. But at that moment I realised I had to say something.

So I came out with "Happy Birthday beautiful".

I could tell by the silence and stare that followed that she was definitely surprised and didn't really know how to deal with me being here. In fact, the Drea that I know is most definitely having a conversation in her head right now about what to do next.