Speed Metal

Aqua-Star's POV

"Why am I different? What are you and Optimus not telling me Ratchet?" I demand.

"What are you talking about?" he asks fawning innocence.

"Don't play innocent. Starscream told me I'm different from other Femme bots. Said once he figured out how, he'd use it to his advantage. I know you and Optimus know the truth and want to know" I tell him.

"Afraid I can't tell you what you wish to know. Optimus swore me to secrecy, you will have to ask him" he tells me. I growl in and annoyance and decide to go blow off some steam. I'm driving along a deserted road with my halo rider active. When I come across a street race.

I decide to join in. I pull up beside a black car. Whose driver is talking to the red sports car on his other side.  "Not from here, European design? Sure is pretty.Too pretty" he sneers and uses his ring to scratch the cars paint job.

The race begins and I do a wheelie. During the race the red car shoves the black one off the road. That's when I recognize the car, it's Knockout. "Scrap" I mutter and zoom off. Hoping that he didn't see me. I reach a canyon and power down resting.

"Haven't seen you in awhile my Star" Knockout says. I transform and point a blaster at him. "I mean no harm, I could never hurt you" he states.

"Then why did you follow me?" I demand.

"I thought we could talk with the others not around. About what happened to us" he states.

"What happened was you joined the Decepticons instead of the Autobots. Making us on different sides of this war" I tell him.

"We can be on the same side, you can join me" he tells me.

"I'll never be a Decepticon. I cared for you greatly Knockout, but our old life is over. We are not the same bots anymore. We can't go back to the way things were" I tell him sadly. "If we meet on the battle field, I won't hesitate to fight you" I state.

"Same, goodbye my Star. I hope one day when this war ends, we can be together again" he states before leaving. I sigh and call a ground bridge. I return to base and go to recharge.

(A couple days later)

Arcee and I just got back from patrol. She told me about her and Jack racing someone from his school. They won of course and he was challenged to another race. But he refused. We enter to see Miko and Raf playing a video game while Bulkhead watches them. No sign of Bee or Jack.

"Anyone seen Jack?" Arcee asks.

"Or Bee?" I add.

"Not since we last saw them" Miko answers as Raf shakes his head.

"They're racing, aren't they?" we ask them.

"Just this once" Raf states.

"Did you know about this?" Arcee asks Bulkhead.

"No, maybe.A little" he admits. Suddenly calls for back up. Apparently he's under attack from Knockout.

"Bee, do not engage, your first priority is to keep Jack safe" Arcee orders. "Bulkhead with me, Aqua keep the other two here and don't tell Optimus" she tells us. I nod my head and activate a ground bridge to the location of Bee's last transmission. Wishing the other two good luck.

"They should of called by now" Raf says worried.

"Don't worry, Raf Bulkhead would let anything happened to Jack or Bee" Miko assures him.

"Besides Knockout doesn't stand a chance against three fighters" I add.

"We should just tell to Optimus the truth" Raf states.

"Absolutely not! We made a deal.Just act completely normally" Miko tells him. Just then Optimus enters the room.

"Do any of you know where the others have gone?" he asks us.

"Oh no, sir, we don't know" Miko tells him.

"Miko is correct. We do not know Raf adds.

"Why would we know?" Miko asks him. Smooth guys, really smooth.

"Bee and Jack were out. Then were attacked by Knockout, the other two went to save them" I tell him.

"No word?" he asks us.

"None" I state. "I can bridge us to their last destination" I tell him.

"No, you remain here. Bridge me there and I shall deal with this" he states. "Besides your judgement maybe clouded on this fight" he adds. I grumble and do as I'm told.

Soon Optimus, Arcee and Bulkhead return. While Bee and Jack dropped Vince off at his car. Apparently he had been kidnapped by Knockout. But was unconscious the whole time, so has not knowledge of us. "Optimus, may I speak to you in private?" I ask as Ratchet gives the other two a medical check up.

He nods his head and we go for a walk. "What is on your mind?" he asks me.

"I want to know what makes me different from other femme bots. The truth Optimus" I tell him.

"I had hope to avoid this talk until the war was won" he tells me.

"Yeah well the cons know I'm different, but don't know why. It's only a matter of time until they figure it out. I want to know, so that I can protect myself" I tell him.

"You know how we used to make new cybertronians?" he asks.

"Yes by forging and the Well of Sparks would produce a new spark for the sparkling. I have also heard of spark infusion. Where two bots combine their sparks together to make a completely new being. Also all the vechicons are clones" I state.

"There was a time, we could reproduce like the humans do one this planet" he tells me.

"Really?" I ask shocked.

"Yes, but very few femmes can carry a sparkling and reproduce in that way anymore. I have only seen two in my whole life" he tells me.

"Really, who?" I ask him curious.

"Your mother and you" he says softly. "You alone can create life within you with DNA from any male bot. Your body would create it's own spark for the sparkling. Your mother told me to protect you and keep you safe from the Decepticons. She died and the cons don't know she had a child. If they find out" he says.

"They'd use me as some sort of broad mare" I sneer.

"I don't see you as an object or breeding machine. You deserve to live your own life. Without fear of being used, but to do that we have to win this war" he tells me.

"I won't let you down, I will fight until the end. I'd sooner die then be used that way" I tell him.

"I pray it never comes to that" he states. "Only Ratchet and I know. He delivered you and I was your mother's best friend. I think it best that the others remain in the dark. For your own safety" he tells me. I agree reluctantly. Then go to recharge.

A/N

Picture above of Knockout's vehicle form.