Rock Bottom

Aqua-star's POV

I'm finally out on a field mission. Sure Arcee, Bulkhead and I are checking out an abandoned energon mine with Jack & Miko. But it's better then being stuck at base. "By all appearances, the mine's been stripped" Arcee states. As we exit the mine.

"Agreed" I say.

"But I'm getting a signal" Bulkhead tells us showing us the detector. "It's faint, but it's definitely Energon" he states. I take the detector examining it.

"He's right" I tell them.

"Whoa" Miko says.

"Doesn't make sense" Arcee tells us. "This operation has been abandoned four, maybe five years. And Decepticons never leave Energon behind" she states.

"Which means something must of happened to make them abandon it" I tell her.

"Uh, guys!" Jack calls. We look at him to see no Miko beside him. He points to the mine and we follow his finger. To see Miko running into it shouting 'cool!'.

"She went in, unbelievable" Arcee mutters.

"Really? Have you met her?" Jack and I ask her.

"Miko, get back here!" Bulk shouts running into the mine.

"It would be kind of interesting to see. You know, if it were. Safe?" Jack asks.

"Well there are no cons" I state looking at Arcee. It's her call.

"A stripped mine can be structurally unstable, Jack" she states.

"I promise to step lightly" he tells her.

"Come on Arcee" I plead.

"Just don't tell your mum" Arcee tells him. He smiles and we enter the mine. "You know Optimus would advice against this" she tells me.

"He hasn't been stuck in base for weeks" I remind her. "Besides, if we do find Energon. I think he wouldn't be to bothered about me being out longer then expected" I state. She shakes her helm as I look at the scanner. "I'm picking up something" I tell her.

"I'll comm Bulkhead" she states. She tries to do so and fails. I try, but only hear static. "Scrap. The mineral composition down here is causing interference" she states.

"Well while we're here, Bulkhead is no doubt getting a sample" I state.

"Hope he's being gentle about it" Arcee states.

"Um, this is Bulkhead we're talking about" I remind her.

"Lets go find him and Miko, Jack stay close" Arcee instructs. We walk deeper into the mine. Jack and Arcee leading the way. They freeze in front of me as I heard an all to familiar voice.

"Master, please! Give me one more chance! I beg of you!" Starscream begs.

"You have ceased to be of use to me, Starscream. So you shall simply cease to be" Megatron tells him. I see Starscream on his knees, Megatron pointing his cannon at him. But they spot us and Megaton fires at Arcee and Jack. Arcee tackles Jack while I jump backwards avoiding the blast.

"Stay down!" Arcee shouts at Jack. We power our weapons and fire at Megatron. Who focuses all his fire on Arcee. "Star, find the others" she tells me.

"I'm not leaving you to face him alone" I snap.

"Starscream, you dare abandon me?!" Megatron demands. Firing at his former second in command. While he was distracted, we came out of hiding and shot him. Making him shot the ceiling y accident.

"Scrap!" Arcee shouts as the floor starts to give out. She tried to get to Jack. But the floor gave out under our pedes. We scream as we fall. I scream in pain as my leg is pinned. The rocks stop falling.

"Arcee!" I shout.

"Star!" she shouts and rushes over. "Oh scrap" she says looking at the boulder on my leg.

"Did you get Jack?" I ask her.

"No" she tells me. "Jack!" she calls and no answers. "Scrap" she says and tries to call base.

"We're to far underground remember" I remind her. She curses.

"Lets get you out from under there" she states. She manages with great effort to roll the boulder off. But my leg is badly injured leaking energon. She helps me to my feet. "We gotta get you back to base" she states.

"Not without the others" I tell her. We set out to look for them. I soon hear faint banging. "That's gotta be Miko and Bulkhead. That way" I say pointing to our right. She heads that way supporting me while I have my blaster at the ready.

We soon find Miko and Jack on a drill. They pointed us to Bulkhead, who was being threatened by Starscream. "Imagine Megatron's appreciation when I not only rescue him but deliver an Autobot. I believe that would restore my stature quite nicely" he states. I point my blaster at his head powering it up.

"Don't move Starscream" Arcee sneers.

"My leg maybe broke, but my blaster isn't" I add.

"Hey Bulk" Arcee says.

"Hey Cee, Star" he says.

"Raise your hands" Arcee tells Starscream. We have him swap places with Bulkhead. We leave the tunnel. I lean against the wall as the other two transform. Jack gets onto Arcee and Miko into Bulkhead. I then lay on his roof as they drove us to the exit.

When we got out. I get off of Bulk and sit down at the two humans let their guardians transform. We look at the mine. "We could finish them here and now" Arcee states.

"Shame we didn't bring any grenades" Bulkhead states.

"Would Optimus finish them?" Jack asks.

"No. He probably wouldn't. Not like this" Arcee states.

"But Optimus wouldn't rescue them, either, right?" Miko asks.

"Regardless I need to be tended to by Ratchet ASAP" I state.

"Let's go home" Bulkhead states. He helps me to my feet. Giving me support as Arcee calls for a ground bridge. Needless to say I got a huge lecture by Optimus and Ratchet as he tended to me. Arcee and Bulkhead got cleaned up. After my wound was tended to, Arcee helped wash. Before I was put on berth rest for the rest of the week. So that my leg could heal properly.