Predatory

Aqua-star's POV

Arcee and I are on patrol with Jack scouting a forest. There was a surge of energon and we're on a recon mission to find the source of it. Jack is complaining about the mosquitos and talking to Arcee while I focus on the scanner. "Arcee, check this out" I tell her showing her the scanner.

"Strange, Ratchet's coordinates are accurate" she states.

"But a subterranean energon deposit wouldn't make this sort of surge" I remind her. She nods her head in agreement. We follow to energon signal to a crash landing site.

"What happened here?" Jack asks as he joins us.

"Crash landing" Arcee tells him. "Stay behind us low and close" she tells him then turns to me. "Blaster, be read for anything" she tells me. I nod transforming my free hand. We make our way towards the crashed ship, without making a sound.

"Autobot or decepticon?" Jack asks as we kneel beside the trees.

"Can't tell" we tell him.

"Wait here" Arcee tells us activating her blaster. I put the scanner away and activate my second blaster. I notice Jack looks worried.

"Don't worry, she's done this multiple times before" I assure him. He nods his head. We focus on the ship and soon see Arcee exit it looking woozy. "Arcee" we say concerned approaching her. When we draw nearer I notice she looks scared, like she's seen a ghost.

"Are you ok Arcee?" Jack asks her concerned.

"I know whose ship this is" she tells us. "Arcee to base, we need a ground bridge asap" she says trying to contact the base.

"What why?" Jack asks her.

"Arcee whose ship is this?" I ask her. She ignores us still trying to contact base. "Star to base, does anyone read us?" I ask and only get static. "Nothing" I tell Arcee.

"Scrap, com-links are dead" she curses. "The ship must be transmitting a high frequency scrambler pulse" she states.

"Arcee, you are kind of freaking me out" Jack states.

"Both of you wait here" she tells us.

"Arcee, we're partners" I remind her.

"And I need you to take care of Jack" she tells me firmly. She goes into the forest to scout the area. While I remain with Jack on high alert. But we go after her to find her frozen while looking at tracks.

"Arcee" we say concerned and she transforms. Telling Jack to get on and for me to transform. We do so. She takes off at top speed and I follow her through the forest. Dodging logs and weaving in between trees. Before we jump a gorge. Coming to a stop.

"Was that really necessary?" Jack asks Arcee as eh gets off of her.

"Arcee, to base" she says ignoring him. She still gets static. "Stay here, both of you. I mean i this time" she tells us.

"We're partners Arcee" I remind her.

"I though we all were" Jack adds.

"No you're a kid and rookie. The only reason you both are here, is because it was suppose to be a standard recon mission" Arcee tells us.

"Stop treating me like a Sparkling!" I snap. She left us. "I'm going after her" I state transforming into vehicle mode. "You coming?" I ask Jack and he hops on. Putting on his helmet. He holds on tight and I jump the gorge. I follow Arcee's tracks silently. I soon stop and Jack hops off. I transform and activate my blast I hear the sound of metal hitting metal. "Stay close Jack" I tell him and head towards the sound. As we draw closer we hear gun fire. "Scrap" I say as we reach the top of the hill to see Arcee battling a con.

Our arrival catches their attention. The con throws Arcee off of her and sticks her to a wall. "Arcee! You'll pay for that con!" I yell and fire at her. She falls to the ground and Jack runs over to Arcee.

"I told you to stay put" Arcee tells us.

"Partners don't ditch each other" Jack tells her.

"He's right, lets get you out of this stuff" I tell her.

"Jack you're not a partner you're a liability" Arcee tells him.

"I don't believe you, I can see it in your eyes Arcee. You're afraid and you're never afraid" he states.

"He's right" I state as I activate my blade and go to cut her free.

"You're right, I am afraid of losing you both" she tells us. I hear the con get up and turn around powering up my blasters.

"You sure have trouble hanging onto your partners, don't you?" the con asks Arcee. "We both know what happened to Tail-gate" she states. "I heard decepticon radio chatter about the recent passing of Cliff-jumper" she adds.

"You're Airachnid" I sneer.

"And are you?" she asks.

"Your worst nightmare" I snap and fire at her. She stops advancing.

"Don't you get it now Jack, she's not after me or Star. She hunts indigenouslife forms, she's on Earth. That means humans!" Arcee states. "Aqua-star get him out of here now, that's an order!" she tells me.

"I'm not leaving you Arcee, Jack run!" I shout and Airachnid fires web at me. I dodge it as Jack runs. I fire at her and she fires back. I get hit in the shoulder. I groan in pain and she webs me up. She goes after Jack.

"Jack!" Arcee and I shout. We both try to break free of our webbed prisons. She eventually does so. She cuts me free.

"Lets go save Jack" she tells me.

"Sure thing Partner" I say.

"Partners" she says and we take off after their tracks. We soon hear an explosion. "That's where Airachnid's ship is" Arcee states. We drive towards it at top speed. We arrive in time to save Jack. Suckering punching Airachnid in the helm. I stay with Jack freeing him while Arcee dealt with Airachnid. She soon returns asking if we're both ok.

"I'm fine, survival kit" Jack says proudly.

"Where's Airachnid?" I ask. We hear the sound of a drill and head towards it. Guns ready. But Airachnid got away.

"So much for closure" Arcee grumbles.

"Now Airachnid is stuck here on Earth" Jack states.

"With no ship, impressive Jack" I tell him.

"I'm not sure that's a good thing" Jack states.

"I'm sorry you both had to face my demons today" Arcee tells us.

"It's what partners are for" I tell her placing a servo on her shoulder.

"You were pretty fearless Jack" she states.

"Actually I was terrified" he tells her. "Mostly for you both" he states. We smile at him and request a ground bridge and return to base. We gave our report and got a check up from Ratchet. Who order us to get a good nights recharge and to have some energon.

A/N

Picture above of Airachnid and picture on the external link of her ship.