Stronger, Faster

Aqua-star's POV

So I've been helping Ratchet, try to finish the synthetic energon formula. While I'm grounded. Since what happened with Bulkhead, I've not been allowed to leave the base. Ratchet keeps me busy with many chores. One being doing infantry on our supplies and we are running very low on Energon. Which is why it's so important we complete the formula or find a new mine of free energon. Neither seems possible at the moment.

Raf is the only human at base today. Miko had gone to visit her parents and Jack is at work. "I think we're ready for another test" I tell Ratchet. As I hand him the canister of green synthetic energon we had just made. He nods his head and I go get the test engine.

When I return, I see Raf had joined us. I smile and Ratchet puts the green liquid into the test engine. He turns it on and it works. "It works! Bee!" Raf calls.

"It's not ready for that yet Raf" I tell him.

"She's right" Ratchet agrees. "This iteration of the formula requires further trial before we can even think about using it for fuel, ammunition, or first aid, which is rather unfortunate, since our own energon reserves are at an all-time low. Our severely outnumbered warriors have been rapidly burning through our stockpile of late as the decepticon army continues to run us ragged and grind us down" he states.

I place a calming servo on his shoulder. "We'll get there" I assure him.

"Can't you just get more natural energon?" Raf asks curious.

"Afraid, it's not that simple Raf" I tell him sadly.

"Natural energon is in such short supply on your planet, and Megatron seems to have his oily claws buried deep in all the earth's deposits. But if we can successfully produce a synthetic form, we can manufacture all the energy we'll ever need" Ratchet explains. The computer goes off and the others appear.

"More energon on the move" Arcee states.

"Again" Bulkhead groans.

"Their recent activity suggests a familiar pattern. The decepticons are desperately scouting for new deposits to mine" Optimus states. "Autobots.." he starts to say.

"Optimus" Ratchet says and Optimus looks at him. "If one of you comes back wounded this time well, our energon reserves are nearly depleted" he admits soberly.

"Understood" Optimus says nodding his head. "Activate ground bridge" he tells me and I do so. "Autobots, roll out!" he orders and they left. Ratchet mutters something to himself.

"What did you say Ratchet?" I ask.

"Nothing" he tells me.

"Ok, well I'm gonna go train" I tell him. He nods and I left the room. Not long after I started though, I hear a loud thud and the shattering of glass from the main room.

"Ratchet!" I hear Raf shout. "Star!" he calls and I skate to the room. I skid to a stop to see Ratchet unconscious on the ground.

"What happened?" I ask Raf as I kneel beside Ratchet.

"I don't know, I was doing my homework and heard a thud & glass breaking. Then found him like his" he states. I look at the glass and groan at the green substance.

"You didn't" I groan and shake Ratchet.

"Wake up!" Raf shouts and Ratchet opens his optics.

"How is it that such small beings can be so loud?" Ratchet asks. I help him to his pedes.

"Are you hurt?" Raf and I ask him.

"I'm fine" he states.

"Good" I say with a smile. "Because I'm gonna kill you!" I screech. "How could you be so foolish?" I demand. He ignores me checking his vitals.